* Feature request: sudo
@ 2023-01-19 19:17 Jochen Wiedmann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jochen Wiedmann @ 2023-01-19 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

as someone who is quite used to typing

  sudo do something

I would really like to do the same in my CygWin bash.In my opinion,
this could be implemented
relatively simply, and straightforward as follows:

  - Accept an array of strings with the command, that is being
executed with administrator
    privileges.
  - Use the standard Windows API to execute some functionality with
admin privileges.
    In the current case, that functionality would be a simple exec
with the above command line.

The result would be a sudo executable without some of the configurable
features of the
Linux/Unix sudo (like execution without password,  or execution of
special command lines
without root privileges), but just the same for all practical
purposes. I think, that a lot of users
would benefit.

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Philosophy is useless, theology is worse. (Industrial Disease, Dire Straits)