* Boost wrongly built for 'context' lib
@ 2020-12-16 13:12 Lluís Batlle i Rossell
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell @ 2020-12-16 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

the boost library (1.66, quite outdated) is wrongly built for cygwin
regarding the 'context' lib, in a way that makes the 'coroutine2' lib
crash.

b2 should be called with "context-impl=ucontext" argument when building
it.

And programs using boost context/coroutine2 should build with the flag
-DBOOST_USE_UCONTEXT

These options are documented at the bottom of this page:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/context/doc/html/context/architectures.html

And that would fix the problem here reported for the nix program.
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/4360

Can someone make that fix?

I haven't tried explicitly 1.66 with that build flag, but 1.75 failed the
same way until I added that build flag.

Thank you,
Lluís.

--
(Escriu-me xifrat si saps PGP / Write ciphered if you know PGP)
PGP key 7CBD1DA5 - https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/

* Re: Boost wrongly built for 'context' lib
@ 2020-12-18 16:56   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-12-18 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[Please don't top-post on this list.  Thanks.]

On 12/18/2020 8:00 AM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> I could get a change to boost upstream that will fix it likely in the next
> release.
>
> But that would require the cygwin boost maintainer at least to provide
> that boost lib available. Nevertheless the fix is interesting as a patch
> for previous boost versions though.
>
> This patch:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/context/commit/e785657ec4d6a885ba2fd49c3ad8eaeac1f71a34

The boost maintainer has retired from Cygwin package maintenance, so nothing is
likely to happen until a new maintainer steps forward.  Would you like to
volunteer?  If so, start at

   https://cygwin.com/packages.html

and follow up on the cygwin-apps list if you have questions.

Ken

* Re: Boost wrongly built for 'context' lib
       [not found] <20201216131223.hdd4tvvol2d54ozh@vicerveza>
@ 2020-12-18 13:00 ` Lluís Batlle i Rossell
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell @ 2020-12-18 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin