* RE: BSOD on cygwin
@ 2003-01-13 15:13 Vince Hoffman
From: Vince Hoffman @ 2003-01-13 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

the mount tables are in the registry. if your going to change them then do
it using the mount command. (man mount and mount --help shoudl give plenty
of usage info)

* Re: BSOD on cygwin
@ 2003-01-13 16:34 lhall
From: lhall @ 2003-01-13 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bhiksha, cygwin

Sounds to me like the problem was that you installed Cygwin over
an existing Cygwin installation, the existing DLL was locked in
place by running Cygwin processes, and that you didn't immediately
reboot after exiting setup so that the new DLL could be put in place.
I believe setup warns you of potential misbehavior in this mode.
Certainly, this would explain the 'bad behavior until reboot' scenario
you report.  Any chance that this was your issue?

Larry

From: Bhiksha Raj @ 2003-01-13 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elfyn McBratney

@ 2003-01-13 15:10         ` Bhiksha Raj
From: Bhiksha Raj @ 2003-01-13 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> [...]

> > >   -- /usr/games/fortune
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> >--
>

> #################################################################
> #################################################################
> #################################################################
> #####
> #####
> #####
> #################################################################
> #################################################################
> #################################################################
>
> #################################################################
> #################################################################
> #################################################################

* Re: BSOD on cygwin
@ 2003-01-13  4:16       ` Elfyn McBratney
From: Elfyn McBratney @ 2003-01-13  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Bhiksha Raj

> Curiously, cygcheck -s -v -r gave me output the first time I
> ran it. Afterwards, running the command simply gives me no output
> at all - it simply runs silently and comes back. Im not sure why
> this is so - I was pretty sure it was supposed to repeat the
> information everytime I ran it. I hope this doesnt indicate a
> bug with my setup.

It's also weird that your mount table has root (/) down three times. Twice
as . and once as C:/downloads/cygwin.

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk

* Re: BSOD on cygwin
@ 2003-01-13  3:30       ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhiksha Raj, cygwin; +Cc: bhiksha

> [...]

> > > 'cygcheck -s -v -r' as a non-inline uncompressed text *attachment*
> > > wouldn't hurt, either (as indicated in <http://cygwin.com/bugs/>).
> > >         Igor
> > > P.S. I'm sure you'll get more and better responses on Monday.
> >
> > Whoops!  Fingers striving to be independent from the brain...  Make the
> > above link <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html> (also at the bottom of every
> > message).
> >       Igor
> > --
> >                               http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
> >       |\      _,,,---,,_              pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> > ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_          igor@watson.ibm.com
> >      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'         Igor Pechtchanski
> >     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL   a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
> >
> > Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!

#####
#####
#####

#####