* Running bash inside NT Emacs's "shell"
@ 1999-09-17  8:43 Larry_Bottorff
From: Larry_Bottorff @ 1999-09-17  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I found the tip in the b20.1 readme on running bash inside emacs's "shell". It
said to add certain lines to my "startup file". Which "startup file" might that
be?

Larry Bottorff
mrprenzl@midusa.net
Larry_Bottorff@cch.com

* Re: Running bash inside NT Emacs's "shell"
@ 1999-09-17 12:06 ` Joshua Rosen
From: Joshua Rosen @ 1999-09-17 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Larry_Bottorff@cch.com wrote:

> I found the tip in the b20.1 readme on running bash inside emacs's "shell". It
> said to add certain lines to my "startup file". Which "startup file" might that
> be?

.emacs or _emacs (I believe that either works, under Windows) in
whatever directory $HOME is (I've had problems getting Windows-native
Emacs and bash to recognise the same $PATH variable as meaning to same
thing, but it's work-around'able, I suppose).

My method of getting bash to run in Emacs' M-x shell was just to set
my SHELL evironment-variable....

	~rozzin.

* Running bash inside NT Emacs's "shell"
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Larry_Bottorff
From: Larry_Bottorff @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Joshua Rosen
From: Joshua Rosen @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Larry A. Roberts
From: Larry A. Roberts @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Below is a clip of my ".emacs" file. Put it in your home
directory, defined by the $HOME environment variable.

Also define $ESHELL to have the path to bash.exe.

Information like this is available from the following web
address: (although I just tried going there and got an
error).

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html

Good Luck,

Larry

----------------------".emacs" below this line---------------

(defun my-shell-setup ()
  "For bash (cygwin 18) under Emacs 20"
  (setq comint-scroll-show-maximum-output 'this)
  (setq comint-completion-addsuffix t)
  (setq comint-eol-on-send t)
  (setq w32-quote-process-args ?\")
  (make-variable-buffer-local 'comint-completion-addsuffix))

(setq shell-mode-hook 'my-shell-setup)

(setq process-coding-system-alist (cons '("bash" . raw-text-unix)
                                        process-coding-system-alist))

(set-default-font "-*-Courier New-normal-r-*-*-17-102-*-*-c-*-*-ansi-")
(setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)
(setq c-tab-always-indent t)

@ 1999-09-17  9:27 Larry A. Roberts