* naive request: Cygwin and Windows/DOS program
@ 2000-06-13 10:31 Jerome G. Benoit
From: Jerome G. Benoit @ 2000-06-13 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygnus list

Hi !

Is there a simple trick to use Windows/DOS program under Cygnus/bash:
e.g. I want to use my favorite Windows editor [namely WinEdt] under
bash,
but unfortunetly I cannot use carelessly because of links,mounts,...

Note that there are a lot of canditate for this: TeX stuff,
ghostscript,...

Thanks inadvance,
jerome BENOIT

* Re: naive request: Cygwin and Windows/DOS program
@ 2000-06-13 12:16 ` Bob McGowan
From: Bob McGowan @ 2000-06-13 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome G. Benoit; +Cc: Cygnus list

Check out 'cygpath' to change paths and use it in a shell script or
function.

"Jerome G. Benoit" wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Is there a simple trick to use Windows/DOS program under Cygnus/bash:
> e.g. I want to use my favorite Windows editor [namely WinEdt] under
> bash,
> but unfortunetly I cannot use carelessly because of links,mounts,...
>
> Note that there are a lot of canditate for this: TeX stuff,
> ghostscript,...
>
> Thanks inadvance,
> jerome BENOIT
>
> --

Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
rmcgowan@veritas.com

* Re: naive request: Cygwin and Windows/DOS program
@ 2000-06-13 11:35 ` Jerome G. Benoit
From: Jerome G. Benoit @ 2000-06-13 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reynolds, John; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

> "Reynolds, John" wrote:

As said in a previous email,

I you want something that translated the command line arguments between
the two environments: bash script seems the simpler way to do that.

Otherwise,
I wonder if we can use the maple Windows command line `cmaple.exe' or
maple interface
with bash as subshell.

If I lauch cmaple under Cygnus/bash and hit the RETURN key twice,
I get  the message:

syntax error, control character '\e' unexpected

if I do the same thing under DOS I get no message.
Beside the cursor mechanism seems bogus under bash.

Furthermore if I type `system(ls);' (under bash) I get a Blue Screen,
under DOS `system(dir);' works.

Jerome BENOIT

@ 2000-06-13 11:15 ` Jerome G. Benoit
From: Jerome G. Benoit @ 2000-06-13 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: Cygnus list

Paul Stodghill wrote:

> Do you want something that translated the command line arguments between
> the two environments? Shell scripts are your friend...

Exactly !
I guess that is the simpler way to do what I want:
my thought was that there is some thing more specific.

@ 2000-06-13 10:56 Paul Stodghill
From: Paul Stodghill @ 2000-06-13 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygnus list

@ 2000-06-13 10:56 Reynolds, John