* SCP is still running after transfert
@ 2000-06-15 12:14 Jerome G. Benoit
From: Jerome G. Benoit @ 2000-06-15 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygnus list

Bonjour:

I had done some SCP transferts and when I did logout
the "console" remained because of SSH background processes.

Do I miss something ?

Thanks in advance,
jerome BENOIT

* Re: SCP is still running after transfert
@ 2000-06-15 16:08 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-06-15 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome G. Benoit; +Cc: Cygnus list

"Jerome G. Benoit" wrote:
> I had done some SCP transferts and when I did logout
> the "console" remained because of SSH background processes.

NT? 9X?

Corinna

* Re: SCP is still running after transfert
@ 2000-06-15 16:27   ` Jerome G. Benoit
From: Jerome G. Benoit @ 2000-06-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> "Jerome G. Benoit" wrote:
> > I had done some SCP transferts and when I did logout
> > the "console" remained because of SSH background processes.
>
> NT? 9X?

Win98

@ 2000-06-15 16:56     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-06-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome G. Benoit; +Cc: cygwin

"Jerome G. Benoit" wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > "Jerome G. Benoit" wrote:
> > > I had done some SCP transferts and when I did logout
> > > the "console" remained because of SSH background processes.
> >
> > NT? 9X?
>
> Win98

Ah, ok, bad luck, it's a 9X `feature', unfortunately.
Before terminating the shell, in which sshd was started,
you'll have to kill sshd by hand or you'll have simply
to live with the annoying message box.

Better (IMHO): Start a shell, start sshd, minimize shell,
forget about it.

Corinna

* Re: SCP is still running after transfert
@ 2000-06-15 19:26       ` Jerome Benoit
From: Jerome Benoit @ 2000-06-15 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Where is SSHD ?

@ 2000-06-16  2:50         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-06-16  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome Benoit; +Cc: cygwin

Jerome Benoit wrote:

> Where is SSHD ?
> >
> > Ah, ok, bad luck, it's a 9X `feature', unfortunately.
> > Before terminating the shell, in which sshd was started,
> > you'll have to kill sshd by hand or you'll have simply
> > to live with the annoying message box.

Seems that I have missed your problem. You are using scp as
client on W98 to transfer to/from another box, right?

If you use scp as client, you'll have to wait a few seconds.
It may take some time until the background ssh process
is cleanly removed in 9X, AFAICT.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer

* Re: SCP is still running after transfert
@ 2000-06-16  7:47           ` Jerome Benoit
From: Jerome Benoit @ 2000-06-16  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Jerome Benoit wrote:
> >
> > Where is SSHD ?
> > >
> > > Ah, ok, bad luck, it's a 9X `feature', unfortunately.
> > > Before terminating the shell, in which sshd was started,
> > > you'll have to kill sshd by hand or you'll have simply
> > > to live with the annoying message box.
>
> Seems that I have missed your problem. You are using scp as
> client on W98 to transfer to/from another box, right?

correct !

All this stuff is very new for me, and I am a little bi confused:
I am sorry for that !