* Workaround for ActivePerl?
@ 2001-03-09  0:35 Dmitry Epstein
From: Dmitry Epstein @ 2001-03-09  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

A while ago someone made a workaround to use ActiveState Perl with Cygwin
bash.  The problem with Active Perl was that it didn't recognize Cygwin
path, and the workaround consisted of a little program that "translated"
the path for Perl.

I never used the utility before, but when I tried using it today I got an
error message saying that PerlCore.dll was not found.  Indeed, looking in
the Perl/bin directory I didn't find this dll.  I suspect that the program
is out of date with respect to the current version of Active Perl that I
have.  Does anyone know of an up-to-date solution to using Active Perl with
Cygwin?

Thanks.

Dmitry Epstein
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.  USA
mitia@northwestern.edu

* Re: Workaround for ActivePerl?
@ 2001-03-09  6:31 ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2001-03-09  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Epstein; +Cc: cygwin

The original version is here:
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/unversioned/perl-contrib/index.html

and it contains source.  You should be able to just recompile it against
the current ActiveState perl. I don't use ActiveState, so I can't really
verify...

--Chuck