* Wish program
@ 2001-03-08 14:56 Daniel Tiew
From: Daniel Tiew @ 2001-03-08 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Guys,

Any idea where could I download a copy of "wish" for the cygwin
platform?

Thank in advance.
Daniel

* Re: Wish program
@ 2001-03-08 15:23 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-03-08 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Tiew; +Cc: cygwin

Daniel Tiew wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Any idea where could I download a copy of "wish" for the cygwin
> platform?

You should have it already if you did a full install.  The command `ls
/bin/*wish*' should give you the names of the commands you need to run.

Earnie.

* Re: Wish program
@ 2001-03-09  0:28   ` Georg Fusz
From: Georg Fusz @ 2001-03-09  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Earnie,

what is the difference between the cygwish80.exe comming with cygwin and the
wish8x.exe
comming from scriptit?

In which situations would it be better to use cygwish80.exe?

I run wish8x.exe regulary from the bash-shell from cygwin.

Even the starting lines

#!/bin/sh
# the next line restarts using tclsh\
exec tclsh83 "$0" "$@"

are interpreted correctly.

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Daniel Tiew wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Any idea where could I download a copy of "wish" for the cygwin
> > platform?
> >

> You should have it already if you did a full install.  The command `ls
> /bin/*wish*' should give you the names of the commands you need to run.
>
> Earnie.

Georg Fusz
Technische Universitaet Berlin, Germany

Fon:
Uni.: +49 30 314 26 884
privat: +49 30 815 30 32
Handy: +49 173 20 10 696

Homepage: http://www.cadlab.tu-berlin.de/~fusz/

* Re: Wish program
@ 2001-03-09  4:58     ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-03-09  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm going to defer you question to Chris Faylor.

Georg Fusz wrote:

> Hello Earnie,
>
> what is the difference between the cygwish80.exe comming with cygwin and the
> wish8x.exe
> comming from scriptit?
>
> In which situations would it be better to use cygwish80.exe?
>
> I run wish8x.exe regulary from the bash-shell from cygwin.
>
> Even the starting lines

> #!/bin/sh
> # the next line restarts using tclsh\
> exec tclsh83 "$0" "$@"
>
> are interpreted correctly.
>
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >
> > Daniel Tiew wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Any idea where could I download a copy of "wish" for the cygwin
> > > platform?
> > >

> > You should have it already if you did a full install.  The command `ls
> > /bin/*wish*' should give you the names of the commands you need to run.
> >
> > Earnie.

> --
> Georg Fusz
> Technische Universitaet Berlin, Germany
>
> Fon:
> Uni.: +49 30 314 26 884
> privat: +49 30 815 30 32
> Handy: +49 173 20 10 696
>
> Homepage: http://www.cadlab.tu-berlin.de/~fusz/
>
> --

* Re: Wish program
@ 2001-03-09  8:25       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-03-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have no idea what the difference is.  Sorry.

Inspection of the source might help.

cgf

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 07:58:47AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>I'm going to defer you question to Chris Faylor.
>
>Georg Fusz wrote:
>>
>> Hello Earnie,
>>
>> what is the difference between the cygwish80.exe comming with cygwin and the
>> wish8x.exe
>> comming from scriptit?
>>
>> In which situations would it be better to use cygwish80.exe?
>>
>> I run wish8x.exe regulary from the bash-shell from cygwin.
>>
>> Even the starting lines

>> #!/bin/sh
>> # the next line restarts using tclsh\
>> exec tclsh83 "$0" "$@"
>>
>> are interpreted correctly.
>>
>> Earnie Boyd wrote:

>> > You should have it already if you did a full install.  The command `ls
>> > /bin/*wish*' should give you the names of the commands you need to run.
>> >
>> > Earnie.

>> --
>> Georg Fusz
>> Technische Universitaet Berlin, Germany
>>
>> Fon:
>> Uni.: +49 30 314 26 884
>> privat: +49 30 815 30 32
>> Handy: +49 173 20 10 696
>>
>> Homepage: http://www.cadlab.tu-berlin.de/~fusz/
>>
>> --

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/

* Re: Wish program
@ 2001-03-09  8:43         ` Georg Fusz
From: Georg Fusz @ 2001-03-09  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This answer means, that it is the best to try to use the last stable Tcl/Tk
release
from Scriptit ( that is 8.32 ). The people from the swear that is much better
than
8.0x.
With the MinGw-Linker I can also use the libs xx.lib for linking.

http://dev.scriptics.com/