* testdbm: segmentation fault
@ 2001-08-13 23:48 Alec Mihailovs
From: Alec Mihailovs @ 2001-08-13 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I just got a segmentation fault with core dumped
running testdbm. Testndbm tells that dbm_open failed.
I have a fresh installation of cygwin 1.3.2.

It looks as though cygwin perl doesn't support dbm?

Thank you,
Alec Mihailovs
http://webpages.shepherd.edu/amihailo

* Re: testdbm: segmentation fault
@ 2001-08-14  1:24 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-08-14  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alec; +Cc: cygwin

Alec Mihailovs wrote:

> I just got a segmentation fault with core dumped
> running testdbm. Testndbm tells that dbm_open failed.
> I have a fresh installation of cygwin 1.3.2.
>
> It looks as though cygwin perl doesn't support dbm?

sortof.  cygwin perl supports gdbm in its native (gdbm) mode, as well as
in its emulation (ndbm) mode.  However, gdbm's ndbm emulation has
problems on FAT drives (due to the non-existence of hardlinks).  Try
running your test on NTFS drives.

--Chuck