* 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-14  8:36 Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-14  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

I've not received any replies to this one yet.  Can anyone help, or at least
point me at some resources that may.

I'm getting a bit desperate now cos I've got to get this working by Sunday so
I can do a demo at the AGM of a charity I'm involved in, so clear simple
instructions that even I can understand would be appreciated.

Gary

Subject: starting apache - libphp4 error
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:14:14 +0000

Hi all,

I'm trying to start apache for the first time and I'm getting the following
error.   I've had a look in the archives and found a thread about a similar
problem (same conditions, different Win32 error number) which talks about
using rebase.  I've looked into rebase and I'm totally list.  Here's the
output

gary@ladvent ~
$ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started.
gary@ladvent ~
$
I'm running on an Advent 5372 laptop running WinME with 128MB RAM and 3GB
free.

apache 1.3.224-5
mod_php 4.2.0-1

--
Gary Stainburn

Gary Stainburn

Gary Stainburn

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-14  9:29 ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-11-14  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: cygwin

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've not received any replies to this one yet.  Can anyone help, or at least
> point me at some resources that may.
>
> I'm getting a bit desperate now cos I've got to get this working by Sunday so
> I can do a demo at the AGM of a charity I'm involved in, so clear simple
> instructions that even I can understand would be appreciated.
>
> Gary

> Subject: starting apache - libphp4 error
> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:14:14 +0000
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to start apache for the first time and I'm getting the following
> error.   I've had a look in the archives and found a thread about a similar
> problem (same conditions, different Win32 error number) which talks about
> using rebase.  I've looked into rebase and I'm totally list.  Here's the
> output
>
> gary@ladvent ~
> $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started.
> gary@ladvent ~
> $
> I'm running on an Advent 5372 laptop running WinME with 128MB RAM and 3GB
> free.
>
> apache 1.3.224-5
> mod_php 4.2.0-1

the Win32 error 31 means: some device could bot be found in your
system.

Are you sure it's not the rebase issue?! Please check
/usr/doc/Cygwin/php-4.2.0-1.README for more information on how to
rebase depending DLLs to make php work on your system.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: info@wapme-systems.de
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-15  5:56   ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-15  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stipe Tolj; +Cc: cygwin

On Thursday 14 Nov 2002 5:10 pm, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
[snip]

> > apache 1.3.224-5
> > mod_php 4.2.0-1
>
> the Win32 error 31 means: some device could bot be found in your
> system.
>
> Are you sure it's not the rebase issue?! Please check
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/php-4.2.0-1.README for more information on how to
> rebase depending DLLs to make php work on your system.
>
> Stipe

Hi Stipe,

I'd not looked in the PHP README, just the apache one.  However, having looked
at the file, it simply says to refer to the Cygwin Mailing list for
instructions.

I've had a look at the archives and found many references to rebase, but can't
sus out exactly what I need to do - how to find out what params to pass to
rebase etc.

Anyone got a link to a good reference I could read?

Gary

--

@ 2002-11-15  7:34     ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2002-11-15  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Gary,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:32:49PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I've had a look at the archives and found many references to rebase,
> but can't sus out exactly what I need to do - how to find out what
> params to pass to rebase etc.
>
> Anyone got a link to a good reference I could read?

Try the following:

Jason

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-15  8:16       ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-15  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Tishler, cygwin

On Friday 15 Nov 2002 2:01 pm, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Gary,
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:32:49PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I've had a look at the archives and found many references to rebase,
> > but can't sus out exactly what I need to do - how to find out what
> > params to pass to rebase etc.
> >
> > Anyone got a link to a good reference I could read?
>
> Try the following:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg00276.html
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

it may just be me being thick but I'm still having trouble.  I ran the
following as a DOS batch, and as a BASH shell script withing Cygwin.

All I got out was one error line per DLL stating that it was being skipped
because it was not rebasable.  I tried running the batch without the
libphp..dll entry and still got the errors.  I even tried calling rebase
directly and only specifying the libphp4.dll on it's own and it did exactly
the same.

I also tried CDing to \cygwin\usr\bin and \cygwin\lib\apache respectively and
that didn't work either.

Gary

rebase.bat:
cd c:\cgwin
.\rebase -v -b0x68000000 -d cygXpm-X4.dll cygXpm-noX4.dll cygbz2-1.dll
cygbz21.0.dll cygcrypto.dll cygcurl-2.dll cygform5.dll cygform6.dll
cyggdbm.dll cyghistory4.dll cyghistory5.dll cyghttpd.dll cygiconv-2.dll
cygintl-1.dll cygintl-2.dll cygintl.dll cygitcl30.dll cygitk30.dll
cygjbig1.dll cygjpeg6b.dll cygltdl-3.dll cygmenu5.dll cygmenu6.dll
cygncurses++5.dll cygncurses++6.dll cygncurses5.dll cygncurses6.dll
cygpanel5.dll cygpanel6.dll cygpcre.dll cygpcreposix.dll cygpng10.dll
cygpng12.dll cygpng2.dll cygpopt-0.dll cygreadline4.dll cygreadline5.dll
cygregex.dll cygssl.dll cygtcl80.dll cygtclpip80.dll cygtclreg80.dll
cygtiff3.dll cygtk80.dll cygxml2-2.dll cygz.dll ecpg.dll libW11.dll
libperl5_6_1.dll libpython2.2.dll mingwm10.dll pgeasy.dll pq++.dll pq.dll
tix4180.dll /lib/apache/libphp4.dll

--

@ 2002-11-15  8:25         ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-11-15  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: cygwin

Gary,

I don't know much about rebase, but I do have a few minor comments related
to cygwin.  See below.

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> On Friday 15 Nov 2002 2:01 pm, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Gary,
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:32:49PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > > I've had a look at the archives and found many references to rebase,
> > > but can't sus out exactly what I need to do - how to find out what
> > > params to pass to rebase etc.
> > >
> > > Anyone got a link to a good reference I could read?
> >
> > Try the following:
> >
> >     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg00276.html
> >
> > Jason
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> it may just be me being thick but I'm still having trouble.  I ran the
> following as a DOS batch, and as a BASH shell script withing Cygwin.
>
> All I got out was one error line per DLL stating that it was being skipped
> because it was not rebasable.  I tried running the batch without the
> libphp..dll entry and still got the errors.  I even tried calling rebase
> directly and only specifying the libphp4.dll on it's own and it did exactly
> the same.
>
> I also tried CDing to \cygwin\usr\bin and \cygwin\lib\apache respectively and
> that didn't work either.

First off, non-cygwin programs will at best see \cygwin\usr\bin as empty,
and at worst it won't exist at all.  /usr/bin in cygwin is a mount point
for /bin, and its contents (which are the same as those of /bin) can only
be seen by cygwin programs.

Secondly, you'll need to post the exact errors you're getting from rebase.
One possibility that comes to mind is that the DLLs are in use, and thus
rebase fails to write to them.  Are you certain you are not running any
programs that use these DLLs?

Thirdly, you cannot run the same script as both a batch file and a shell
script.  The differences between the two scripts may hold a clue as to why
it's not working.

> Gary
>
> rebase.bat:
> cd c:\cgwin

The above doesn't seem like the right path...  Surely you meant
c:\cygwin\bin?  It usually helps to post the exact commands that give you
trouble, if you expect people to be able to reproduce your problem.

> .\rebase -v -b0x68000000 -d cygXpm-X4.dll cygXpm-noX4.dll cygbz2-1.dll
> cygbz21.0.dll cygcrypto.dll cygcurl-2.dll cygform5.dll cygform6.dll
> cyggdbm.dll cyghistory4.dll cyghistory5.dll cyghttpd.dll cygiconv-2.dll
> cygintl-1.dll cygintl-2.dll cygintl.dll cygitcl30.dll cygitk30.dll
> cygjbig1.dll cygjpeg6b.dll cygltdl-3.dll cygmenu5.dll cygmenu6.dll
> cygncurses++5.dll cygncurses++6.dll cygncurses5.dll cygncurses6.dll
> cygpanel5.dll cygpanel6.dll cygpcre.dll cygpcreposix.dll cygpng10.dll
> cygpng12.dll cygpng2.dll cygpopt-0.dll cygreadline4.dll cygreadline5.dll
> cygregex.dll cygssl.dll cygtcl80.dll cygtclpip80.dll cygtclreg80.dll
> cygtiff3.dll cygtk80.dll cygxml2-2.dll cygz.dll ecpg.dll libW11.dll
> libperl5_6_1.dll libpython2.2.dll mingwm10.dll pgeasy.dll pq++.dll pq.dll
> tix4180.dll /lib/apache/libphp4.dll

And last of all, judging from Jason's comments on rebasing cygwin1.dll,
rebase itself may not be a cygwin program.  If it's not, the last entry on
the above line will not be recognized as a valid path.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-15  9:19           ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-15  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Igor Pechtchanski; +Cc: cygwin

Hi Igor,

On Friday 15 Nov 2002 4:12 pm, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Gary,
>
> I don't know much about rebase, but I do have a few minor comments related
> to cygwin.  See below.

[snip]

> First off, non-cygwin programs will at best see \cygwin\usr\bin as empty,
> and at worst it won't exist at all.  /usr/bin in cygwin is a mount point
> for /bin, and its contents (which are the same as those of /bin) can only
> be seen by cygwin programs.

Fair enough, I've changed my references to c:\cygwin\bin where required.

> Secondly, you'll need to post the exact errors you're getting from rebase.
> One possibility that comes to mind is that the DLLs are in use, and thus
> rebase fails to write to them.  Are you certain you are not running any
> programs that use these DLLs?

Unfortunately, I can't redirect the output from the batch file so, but I'll
type example error messages here (I'm also getting another error having fixed
a number of errors in the batch - included again below):

c:\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll: skilled because not rebaseable
ReBaseImage (C:\cygwin\bin\tix4180.dll) failed with last error = 6

I get the  not rebaseable error on the libphp4.dll file.

> Thirdly, you cannot run the same script as both a batch file and a shell
> script.  The differences between the two scripts may hold a clue as to why
> it's not working.

I understand this and did make the appropriate differences e.g. DOS commands
instead of BASH ones, DOS/Unix file format etc.  However based on the bit
about REBASE not being a Cygwin app, the .sh file has been dumped.

Gary

rebase.bat V2

c:
cd \cygwin\bin
c:\cygwin\rebase -v -b 0x68000000 -d cygXpm-X4.dll cygXpm-noX4.dll
cygbz2-1.dll cygbz21.0.dll cygcrypto.dll cygcurl-2.dll cygform5.dll
cygform6.dll cyggdbm.dll cyghistory4.dll cyghistory5.dll cyghttpd.dll
cygiconv-2.dll cygintl-1.dll cygintl-2.dll cygintl.dll cygitcl30.dll
cygitk30.dll cygjbig1.dll cygjpeg6b.dll cygltdl-3.dll cygmenu5.dll
cygmenu6.dll cygncurses++5.dll cygncurses++6.dll cygncurses5.dll
cygncurses6.dll cygpanel5.dll cygpanel6.dll cygpcre.dll cygpcreposix.dll
cygpng10.dll cygpng12.dll cygpng2.dll cygpopt-0.dll cygreadline4.dll
cygreadline5.dll cygregex.dll cygssl.dll cygtcl80.dll cygtclpip80.dll
cygtclreg80.dll cygtiff3.dll cygtk80.dll cygxml2-2.dll cygz.dll ecpg.dll
libW11.dll libperl5_6_1.dll libpython2.2.dll mingwm10.dll pgeasy.dll pq++.dll
pq.dll tix4180.dll
cd c:\cygwin\lib\apache
c:\cygwin\rebase -v -b 0x68000000 -d libphp4.dll

[snip]

--

@ 2002-11-15  9:44             ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-11-15  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: cygwin

Gary,

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> On Friday 15 Nov 2002 4:12 pm, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >
> > I don't know much about rebase, but I do have a few minor comments related
> > to cygwin.  See below.
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > First off, non-cygwin programs will at best see \cygwin\usr\bin as empty,
> > and at worst it won't exist at all.  /usr/bin in cygwin is a mount point
> > for /bin, and its contents (which are the same as those of /bin) can only
> > be seen by cygwin programs.
>
> Fair enough, I've changed my references to c:\cygwin\bin where required.
>

> > Secondly, you'll need to post the exact errors you're getting from rebase.
> > One possibility that comes to mind is that the DLLs are in use, and thus
> > rebase fails to write to them.  Are you certain you are not running any
> > programs that use these DLLs?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't redirect the output from the batch file so, but I'll

You can use standard redirection in the command prompt (i.e. 'a.bat >
a.out').  Failing that, you can select text in a command window and paste
it into a message (using Alt-Spc -> Edit -> Mark in Win2k, I believe Win9x
has something similar).

> type example error messages here (I'm also getting another error having fixed
> a number of errors in the batch - included again below):
>
> c:\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll: skilled because not rebaseable
> ReBaseImage (C:\cygwin\bin\tix4180.dll) failed with last error = 6
>
> I get the  not rebaseable error on the libphp4.dll file.
>
> > Thirdly, you cannot run the same script as both a batch file and a shell
> > script.  The differences between the two scripts may hold a clue as to why
> > it's not working.
>
> I understand this and did make the appropriate differences e.g. DOS commands
> instead of BASH ones, DOS/Unix file format etc.  However based on the bit
> about REBASE not being a Cygwin app, the .sh file has been dumped.

Well, I don't *know* that rebase is not a cygwin app, I just made a guess
based on some earlier comment by its author.  He's the ultimate authority
on this...  However, you can easily run non-cygwin programs from bash, as
long as you're careful with filename conventions, so I don't see why you
had to dump the bash script...

All I was trying to do was help you post the exact commands and error
message, so people with knowledge on the subject (e.g., Jason Tishler)
would have an easier time getting to the root of the problem.
	Igor

--

@ 2002-11-15 12:50         ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2002-11-15 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: cygwin

Gary,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:40:07PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> All I got out was one error line per DLL stating that it was being
> skipped because it was not rebasable.

Are you running on Me?  If so, then you can't use my rebase (don't blame
me, blame Microsoft).  Use Ralf's version instead:

Ultimately, I will integrate Ralf's rebase functionality into mine.

The following is how I recommend rebasing your entire system (i.e., all
DLLs installed by setup.exe except for cygwin1.dll):

    $ # stop all Cygwin processes except for bash
    $ zegrep -h 'dll$' /etc/setup/*.gz | grep -v 'cygwin1.*.dll' |
        xargs -n 1 cygpath -wa >rebase.lst
    $ rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 $(<rebase.lst)
    $ rm rebase.lst

Note that you can append DLLs installed by other means to rebase.lst
before calling rebase, if necessary.

Jason

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-18  4:40           ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-18  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Tishler; +Cc: cygwin

Hi Jason,

On Friday 15 Nov 2002 8:29 pm, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Gary,
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:40:07PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > All I got out was one error line per DLL stating that it was being
> > skipped because it was not rebasable.
>
> Are you running on Me?  If so, then you can't use my rebase (don't blame
> me, blame Microsoft).  Use Ralf's version instead:
>
>     http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg00703.html

Yes, unfortunately I am running WinME, so I downloaded the attachment to the
above message.  Unfortunately, the make fails as shown below.

Can anyone help me here, or point me to a binary distribution I can download?

I will certainly give the method below a try once I've got a working rebase
program.

Gary

--

@ 2002-11-18  7:05             ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2002-11-18  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn, cygwin

Hi Jason,

> Yes, unfortunately I am running WinME, so I downloaded the attachment to the
> above message.  Unfortunately, the make fails as shown below.

Ups, sorry, there are symbolic link in the package, with files are not
distributed.

> Can anyone help me here, or point me to a binary distribution I can download?

You can find a binary release of the recent version (0.4) on the
http://kde-cygwin/sourceforge.net
download area.
See
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=27249&release_id=122960

Please report any problems with release.

Regards

Ralf

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-18  8:48               ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralf Habacker, cygwin

On Monday 18 November 2002 1:49 pm, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> > Yes, unfortunately I am running WinME, so I downloaded the attachment to
> > the above message.  Unfortunately, the make fails as shown below.
>
> Ups, sorry, there are symbolic link in the package, with files are not
> distributed.
>
> > Can anyone help me here, or point me to a binary distribution I can
> > download?
>
> You can find a binary release of the recent version (0.4) on the
> http://kde-cygwin/sourceforge.net
> download area.
> See
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=27249&release_id=1229
>60
>

> Please report any problems with release.
>
> Regards
>
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

As you can see from the extract below, your rebase has worked (rebase.sh is
the script Jason gave earlier in this thread), but I still can't start
apache.

Anyone got any ideas?  Just to remind everyone, I'm running all the latest
version packages on WinME running on an Advent 7352 laptop.

$ ./rebase.sh
ReBaseImage(C:\cygwin\home\gary\usr\X11R6\bin\libdps.dll,67ff0000) failed with
last error = 6

@ 2002-11-19  2:44                 ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2002-11-19  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn, cygwin

#define ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE 6L
The rebase could not open the dll. Is this dll still used by any process ?
Please make sure, this dll isn't used by any process.

> gary@LADVENT ~
> $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
#define ERROR_GEN_FAILURE 31L

Do you have tried ssp. ssp shows you which dll is load onto which address
(Unfortunally I don't know if ssp works under winMe)

$ ssp -v -d -dll 0x401000 0x440000 `cygpath -aw /usr/sbin/httpd.exe `
verbose messages enabled
stepping disabled; enable via OutputDebugString ("ssp on")
profiling dll usage
prun: [00401000,00440000] Running `c:\programme\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe'
00:00.000 create process at 00401000
00:00.017 load dll 77f80000: (unknown)
00:00.027 load dll 61000000: c:\programme\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
00:00.033 load dll 77e70000: c:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.dll
00:00.042 load dll 6c5c0000: c:\programme\cygwin\bin\cyghttpd.dll
00:00.047 00:00.050 load dll 77da0000: c:\WINNT\system32\advapi32.dll
00:00.055 load dll 77d30000: c:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
00:00.064 create thread 00000764 at 77e73775 c:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.dll
00:00.070 exit thread 00000764, code=0
00:00.076 ODS: d0/0 "cYgFFFFFFFF 610C9A50"
00:00.085 create thread 000004cc at 77e73775 c:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.dll
00:00.090 ODS: d0/0 "cYgstd 22fe58 d 3"
00:00.097 load dll 77e00000: c:\WINNT\system32\user32.dll
00:00.104 load dll 77f40000: c:\WINNT\system32\GDI32.DLL
00:00.111 load dll 75df0000: c:\WINNT\System32\IMM32.DLL
00:00.126 load dll 43000000: c:\programme\cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll
00:00.132 load dll 41680000: c:\programme\cygwin\lib\apache\mod_env.dll
00:00.140 load dll 41f80000: c:\programme\cygwin\lib\apache\mod_log_config.dll

Another possibility is to load apache with gdb and start it. Then you can try
(gdb) info dll
/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll                 61001000
/c/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.DLL       77e71000
/usr/bin/cyghttpd.dll                6c5c1000
/c/WINNT/system32/ADVAPI32.DLL       77da1000
/c/WINNT/system32/rpcrt4.dll         77d31000
/c/WINNT/system32/USER32.DLL         77e01000
/c/WINNT/system32/GDI32.DLL          77f41000
/c/WINNT/System32/IMM32.DLL          75df1000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_vhost_alias.dll  43001000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_env.dll          41681000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_log_config.dll   41f81000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_mime_magic.dll   42281000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_mime.dll         42101000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_negotiation.dll  42401000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_status.dll       42a01000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_info.dll         41e01000
/usr/lib/apache/mod_include.dll      41c81000
so see the loaded dll's. Perhaps this helps.

Ralf

* Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-19 11:19                 ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-11-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: Ralf Habacker, cygwin

> Anyone got any ideas?  Just to remind everyone, I'm running all the latest
> version packages on WinME running on an Advent 7352 laptop.
>
> $ ./rebase.sh
> ReBaseImage(C:\cygwin\home\gary\usr\X11R6\bin\libdps.dll,67ff0000) failed with
> last error = 6
>
> gary@LADVENT ~
> $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

sorry to be roude, but I claimed that it *should* work (and has been
tested) on NT based systen, i.e. Win200 etc.

@ 2002-11-22  5:17                   ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-22  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralf Habacker, cygwin

On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 9:06 am, Ralf Habacker wrote:
[SNIP]>
> #define ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE 6L
> The rebase could not open the dll. Is this dll still used by any process ?
> Please make sure, this dll isn't used by any process.
>
> > gary@LADVENT ~
> > $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> > Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error
> > 31
>
> #define ERROR_GEN_FAILURE 31L
>

> Do you have tried ssp. ssp shows you which dll is load onto which address
> (Unfortunally I don't know if ssp works under winMe)
>
> $ ssp -v -d -dll 0x401000 0x440000 `cygpath -aw /usr/sbin/httpd.exe `
> verbose messages enabled
[SNIP]

> Another possibility is to load apache with gdb and start it. Then you can
[SNIP]

> Ralf

Hi Ralf, all

I've finally had a chance to have a go with ssp (work keeps getting in the
way).  Below is the output - sorry but I haven't got a clue what it's saying
so I home someone out there can help.

I've no idea how to start httpd via gdb so I can't run/capture that data.

gary@LADVENT /lib/apache
$ ssp -v -d -dll 0x401000 0x440000 'cygpath -aw /usr/sbin/httpd.exe'
verbose messages enabled
stepping disabled; enable via OutputDebugString ("ssp on")
stepping disabled; enable via OutputDebugString ("ssp on")
profiling dll usage
profiling dll usage
prun: [00401000,00440000] Running `cygpath -aw /usr/sbin/httpd.exe'
load dll bfb70000: cmt3.l
load dll 70bd0000: slaidl
load dll bff40000: ue3.l
load dll bfe60000: avp3.l
load dll bff10000: gi2dl
load dll 78000000: mvr.l
load dll 7fbd0000: sel2dl
load dll bff60000: kre3.l
load dll 61000000: cgi1dls
create thread ffe71841 at bff92876 kre3.l
ODS: d0/0 "cYgFFFFFFFF 610CAAF0"
create thread ffe50505 at 61005400 cgi1dls
ODS: d0/0 "cYgstd 73fd00 d 3"
C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe
exit thread ffe71841, code=-1
exit thread ffe50505, code=-1
process ffe4ce2d ffe4cc75 exit 0
total cycles: 1, counted cycles: 0
 Main-Thread Other-Thread BaseAddr DLL Name
      1 100%       0   0% bff60000 kre3.l

gary@LADVENT /lib/apache
$

--

@ 2002-11-23 23:08                     ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-11-23 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: Ralf Habacker, cygwin

what does ssp do?!

Haven't seen about that beast before. Could someone enlight me
please?!

@ 2002-11-25  2:44                       ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2002-11-25  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stipe Tolj; +Cc: cygwin

> what does ssp do?!
>
> Haven't seen about that beast before. Could someone enlight me
> please?!

from man ssp
        SSP - The Single Step Profiler

        Original Author:  DJ Delorie

        The SSP is a program that uses the Win32 debug API to run
       a program one ASM instruction at a time.  It  records  the
       location  of  each  instruction  used, how many times that
       instruction is used, and all function calls.  The  results
       are saved in a format that is usable by the profiling pro-
       gram  gprof, although  gprof will  claim  the  values  are
       seconds, they really are instruction counts.  More on that
       later.

Note: I have submitted a timestamp printing some month ago to this list (or
cygwin-apps I don't remember), but it does not seem to be included yet.

Ralf

* Apache+PHP on WinME - was Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-27  3:15                     ` Gary Stainburn
From: Gary Stainburn @ 2002-11-27  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

I've had no luck getting anywhere with this.  I asume that the info I provided
below was of no use to anyone.

Can anyone suggest any additional evidence I can collect?
One suggestions was to start httpd within gdb.  Can anyone point me at any
instructions on how to do this.

Ta

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn

* Re: Apache+PHP on WinME - was Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes
@ 2002-11-27  9:40                       ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-11-27  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Stainburn; +Cc: cygwin

> I've had no luck getting anywhere with this.  I asume that the info I provided
> below was of no use to anyone.
>
> Can anyone suggest any additional evidence I can collect?
> One suggestions was to start httpd within gdb.  Can anyone point me at any
> instructions on how to do this.

gdb should be more of concern when you recognize segmentation fauls
and such things. As Win32 describes the error code 31: "Attached
device could not be found" I'm really out of scope concerning this
error. Sorry.

BTW, I don't have a WinME installation to confirm or investigate on
this either.