* compiler-rt has an extra spurious file?
@ 2018-07-05 21:33 Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
From: Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] @ 2018-07-05 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hi,

This file is placed at the root of the Cygwin tree when the compiler-rt package gets installed:
llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump

Is that really necessary?

Thanks,
Anton Lavrentiev

* Re: compiler-rt has an extra spurious file?
@ 2018-07-06 13:03 ` cyg Simple
From: cyg Simple @ 2018-07-06 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, lavr

On 7/5/2018 5:33 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This file is placed at the root of the Cygwin tree when the compiler-rt package gets installed:
> llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump
>
> Is that really necessary?

An indication that something aborted.  You should do as instructed at

cyg Simple

* Re: compiler-rt has an extra spurious file?
@ 2018-07-06 13:31   ` Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2018-07-06 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri 06 Jul 2018, cyg Simple wrote:

> On 7/5/2018 5:33 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This file is placed at the root of the Cygwin tree when the compiler-rt package gets installed:
>> llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump
>>
>> Is that really necessary?
>
> An indication that something aborted.  You should do as instructed at
>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Read again - Anton is indicating that this stackdump is included in
the package, as can be seen here:

<https://cygwin.com/packages/x86_64/compiler-rt/compiler-rt-5.0.1-1>

The 64bit package needs updating (the 32bit package is ok).

    AndyM

* Re: compiler-rt has an extra spurious file?
@ 2018-07-07 14:42     ` cyg Simple
From: cyg Simple @ 2018-07-07 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7/6/2018 9:31 AM, Andy Moreton wrote:
> On Fri 06 Jul 2018, cyg Simple wrote:
>
>> On 7/5/2018 5:33 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This file is placed at the root of the Cygwin tree when the compiler-rt package gets installed:
>>> llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump
>>>
>>> Is that really necessary?
>>
>> An indication that something aborted.  You should do as instructed at
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> Read again - Anton is indicating that this stackdump is included in
> the package, as can be seen here:
>
> <https://cygwin.com/packages/x86_64/compiler-rt/compiler-rt-5.0.1-1>
>
> The 64bit package needs updating (the 32bit package is ok).

Sorry, I missed what was meant.  It could have just as easily have been
created during the post-install processes.

--
cyg Simple