* texlive-collection-binextra & python
@ 2021-03-02 20:36 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-03-02 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ken
can you check the python dependency of binextra ?
https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/texlive-collection-binextra.html

It pulls : python2, python27-pygments, python38-pygments

It seems a bit too much

Marco

* Re: texlive-collection-binextra & python
@ 2021-03-02 22:11 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2021-03-02 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/2/2021 3:36 PM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> Ken
> can you check the python dependency of binextra ?
> https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/texlive-collection-binextra.html
>
> It pulls : python2, python27-pygments, python38-pygments
>
> It seems a bit too much

Hi Marco,

This happens because the pythontex package includes two versions of its scripts,
one for python2 and one for python3.  So cygport correctly detects the
dependence on python2 (and python27-pygments).

I could just remove the python2 versions of the scripts.  That's what Debian does.

Ken