* Need Assistance Installing GDB in Cygwin for Windows 10
       [not found] <065b01d86b6f$b1629740$1427c5c0$.ref@att.net>
@ 2022-05-19 11:00 ` abel.asmelash
From: abel.asmelash @ 2022-05-19 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello Cygwin Contributors,

I am trying to install GDB in Cygwin using the Setup_X86_64.exe Cygwin
installation program. However, I don't see the option of GDB source in the
package installation selection panel. What package should I use to install
GDB debugger? Please, help.

Regards,

Abel

* Re: Need Assistance Installing GDB in Cygwin for Windows 10
@ 2022-05-19 12:09   ` Jon Turney
       [not found]     ` <066701d86b7a$b1d9e920$158dbb60$@att.net>
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-05-19 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19/05/2022 12:00, abel.asmelash@att.net wrote:
> Hello Cygwin Contributors,
>
> I am trying to install GDB in Cygwin using the Setup_X86_64.exe Cygwin
> installation program. However, I don't see the option of GDB source in the
> package installation selection panel. What package should I use to install
> GDB debugger? Please, help.

The package is called 'gdb' [1].

Perhaps you could describe in more detail how you are looking for it?

[1] https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/gdb.html

* Re: Need Assistance Installing GDB in Cygwin for Windows 10
@ 2022-05-19 13:04   ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2022-05-19 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abel.asmelash, cygwin

On 5/19/2022 7:00 AM, abel.asmelash@att.net wrote:
> Hello Cygwin Contributors,
>
> I am trying to install GDB in Cygwin using the Setup_X86_64.exe Cygwin
> installation program. However, I don't see the option of GDB source in the
> package installation selection panel. What package should I use to install
> GDB debugger? Please, help.

First, you don't need source for a fully functional gdb.  Just select gdb
and possibly choose which version.  If you want source, check the Src? box.

Regards - Eliot Moss

@ 2022-05-19 16:06       ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-05-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19/05/2022 13:19, abel.asmelash@att.net wrote:
> Hello Jon,
>
> I am running the Setup.X86_64.exe program and selecting packages from the screen below and I don't see GDB package.  Please, tell me what I am doing wrong.

You need to change the 'View' selected at the top left from 'Up To Date'
("Show installed packages that need no action because they are at the
desired version already" according to it's tooltip) to 'Full' or 'Not
Installed'.