* How to debug/troubleshoot mintty?
@ 2020-06-17 19:48 Allen Hewes
From: Allen Hewes @ 2020-06-17 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I seem to be having more screen text redraw/repaint issues with mintty lately (about 6 - 9 months).  Generally, it's more often remote systems (via SSH) vs my local client peecee.

My issues range from scrambled up text, cursor in wrong location, cursor line in wrong location and rows/cols changed from initial launch. I have looked at infomcp, stty output and settings. I have compiled new term definitions from Thomas Dickeys ncurses site. I can't seem to find something obvious.

How do I debug/troubleshoot these issues?

Thanks,

/allen

________________________________

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.

* Re: How to debug/troubleshoot mintty?
@ 2020-06-17 21:12 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2020-06-17 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 17.06.2020 um 21:48 schrieb Allen Hewes via Cygwin:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to be having more screen text redraw/repaint issues with mintty lately (about 6 - 9 months).  Generally, it's more often remote systems (via SSH) vs my local client peecee.
>
> My issues range from scrambled up text, cursor in wrong location, cursor line in wrong location and rows/cols changed from initial launch. I have looked at infomcp, stty output and settings. I have compiled new term definitions from Thomas Dickeys ncurses site. I can't seem to find something obvious.
>
> How do I debug/troubleshoot these issues?
Pick *one* example from what you think is wrong, describe it clearly,
and provide a screen log (mintty -l .logfile) that reproduces the issue
with `cat .logfile`.