* update version on https://cygwin.com/ from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5?
@ 2022-06-14  0:39 Stone, Timothy M
From: Stone, Timothy M @ 2022-06-14  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hello,

I've recently installe3d the latest version of cygwin, 3.3.5, which is listed as the lastest on the mirrors and also in cygwin's announcements.

Unfortunately, the main page still lists the lastest as 3.3.4:
https://cygwin.com/

This is causing me problems getting cygwin approved here, because my IT folks don't think 3.3.5 is "real" and they think the last real version is 3.3.4.

Is it possible to update the webpage?

thanks!

* Re: update version on https://cygwin.com/ from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5?
@ 2022-06-14  8:48 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2022-06-14  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun 14 00:39, Stone, Timothy M wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently installe3d the latest version of cygwin, 3.3.5, which is listed as the lastest on the mirrors and also in cygwin's announcements.
>
> Unfortunately, the main page still lists the lastest as 3.3.4:
> https://cygwin.com/
>
> This is causing me problems getting cygwin approved here, because my IT folks don't think 3.3.5 is "real" and they think the last real version is 3.3.4.
>
> Is it possible to update the webpage?

Done.

HTH,
Corinna

* Re: update version on https://cygwin.com/ from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5?
@ 2022-06-14 17:36 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-06-14 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2022-06-13 18:39, Stone, Timothy M wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently installe3d the latest version of cygwin, 3.3.5, which is listed as the lastest on the mirrors and also in cygwin's announcements.
>
> Unfortunately, the main page still lists the lastest as 3.3.4:
> https://cygwin.com/
>
> This is causing me problems getting cygwin approved here, because my IT folks don't think 3.3.5 is "real" and they think the last real version is 3.3.4.
>
> Is it possible to update the webpage?

I normally update the wikidata and link to announcement message promptly:

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygwin

In the infobox for Stable release is a link to the announcement mailing
list post:

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2022-May/010565.html

which should be considered more definitive than info on a web page::
seems like a weak excuse.

I don't know if the web site htdocs release can be made dynamic or
auto-updated during release?