* Terminator 2.0
@ 2021-10-08  7:58 mray271
From: mray271 @ 2021-10-08  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Now that Terminator development is reinvigorated and Python 3 compat, is
there a way I can get it working in Cygwin ?

https://github.com/gnome-terminator/terminator

Both the current offerings of Terminator and Guake are reliant on Python
2.7 and severely buggy or no longer working on Windows 10.

Thanks!

* Re: Terminator 2.0
@ 2021-10-08 11:25 ` Russell VT
From: Russell VT @ 2021-10-08 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mray271; +Cc: cygwin

This developer seems to have taken on the role as "main distributor,"
rather than making this a simple Python module that's distributed through
the likes of PyPy. Judging from the number of "unsupported"
distributions/versions in their list,
<https://github.com/gnome-terminator/terminator/blob/master/INSTALL.md> I
would think you should take this up with the module owner, rather than with
any Cygwin maintainer.

If they would, instead, distribute this over a more-common
software repository... then, maybe I would answer this differently.

Cheers -
RVT

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 12:59 AM mray271 via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

> Now that Terminator development is reinvigorated and Python 3 compat, is
> there a way I can get it working in Cygwin ?
>
> https://github.com/gnome-terminator/terminator
>
> Both the current offerings of Terminator and Guake are reliant on Python
> 2.7 and severely buggy or no longer working on Windows 10.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/