* newbie question
@ 2001-03-09  2:23 Monroe, Grant Tyler
From: Monroe, Grant Tyler @ 2001-03-09  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

I am sure that you have heard this question a million times before, but here
it goes.  I am wanting to develop unix applications on windows under cygwin.
Can I set up the gcc to compile elf binaries for use on a unix platform?  if
so, could someone point me in the right direction on how to do so?  Thanks

grant monroe

* Win32 compiler to target other platfoms - Re: newbie question
@ 2001-03-09  8:44 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-03-09  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Monroe, Grant Tyler, 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

At 05:23 AM 3/9/2001, Monroe, Grant Tyler wrote:
>I am sure that you have heard this question a million times before, but here
>it goes.  I am wanting to develop unix applications on windows under cygwin.
>Can I set up the gcc to compile elf binaries for use on a unix platform?  if
>so, could someone point me in the right direction on how to do so?  Thanks

Funny you mention that you're sure the question has been asked "a million
times before" but you don't think of looking at the FAQ or mail archives
to see the answer.  Oh well.

You need to build a cross-compiler that targets the UNIX platform you're
interested in.  You can build a Cygwin-hosted gcc that does this.  You want
to check out the crossgcc list/effort at sources.redhat.com