* Re: no "which" in cygwin bash ?
       [not found] <200104242023.QAA09967@acestes-fe0.ultra.net>
@ 2001-04-24 13:33 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-04-24 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jin Zhao, cygwin

At 04:11 PM 4/24/2001, Jin Zhao wrote:
>Hi Geeks,
>
>I just download and install the newest Cygwin-1.1.8 on my Win2k machine.
>What surprised me is I can't use "which sshd" to find the open-ssh dameon.
>It appears no which utility installed. Is this my fault or a cygwin
>problem.
>
>Please response to my email address.

alias which='type -path'

Works for bash.

* Re: no "which" in cygwin bash ?
@ 2001-04-27  8:35 Dragan Vidovic
From: Dragan Vidovic @ 2001-04-27  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

You can find "which" in tcsh.

Dragan

* Re: no "which" in cygwin bash ?
@ 2001-04-25 17:29 Noel L Yap
From: Noel L Yap @ 2001-04-25 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JZhao; +Cc: Cygwin

Use 'type -p sshd'.

Noel

JZhao@qcorps.com on 2001.04.24 16:11:26

To:   cygwin@cygwin.com
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)
Subject:  no "which" in cygwin bash ?

Hi Geeks,

I just download and install the newest Cygwin-1.1.8 on my Win2k machine.
What surprised me is I can't use "which sshd" to find the open-ssh dameon.
It appears no which utility installed. Is this my fault or a cygwin
problem.

Please response to my email address.

Thanks,

Jin

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

* RE: no "which" in cygwin bash ?
       [not found] <200104241627376.SM01616@sourceware.cygnus.com>
@ 2001-04-24 13:35 ` Michael Erdely
From: Michael Erdely @ 2001-04-24 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jin Zhao', cygwin

Use: type -p sshd

However, if /usr/sbin is not in your path, you won't get any output. ;-)

-ME

I just download and install the newest Cygwin-1.1.8 on my Win2k machine.

What surprised me is I can't use "which sshd" to find the open-ssh
dameon. It appears no which utility installed. Is this my fault or a
cygwin
problem.

Please response to my email address.

Thanks,