* problems with gcc
@ 2001-07-02 14:02 Irsan Saparianto
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Irsan Saparianto @ 2001-07-02 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have just installed cygwin for the first time on win98 and i have
installed all the packages from /latest.
Everytime i tried to compile my c source files with gcc, i got this error
message:
"gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'as': No such file or directory"

I tried reinstalling cygwin but it doesn't help. I guess nobody had this
problem before because i can't find the answer on the faq or this mailing
list.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

* Re: problems with gcc
@ 2001-07-02 14:10 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-07-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Irsan Saparianto, cygwin

At 05:02 PM 7/2/2001, Irsan Saparianto wrote:
>I have just installed cygwin for the first time on win98 and i have installed all the packages from /latest.
>Everytime i tried to compile my c source files with gcc, i got this error message:
>"gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'as': No such file or directory"
>
>I tried reinstalling cygwin but it doesn't help. I guess nobody had this problem before because i can't find the answer on the faq or this mailing list.
>
>Can someone help me? Thanks.

Actually, this is a FAQ but the general issue comes in a variety of
forms so you may not recognize the entry.  See:

What if setup fails?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC12

I know you mentioned that you tried installing again but there are a
few other things to try as a variation on that theme which this entry
enumerates.  Hopefully, one of those will pin-point your issue.

* RE: problems with gcc
@ 2001-07-02 15:08 ` Bobby McNulty II
From: Bobby McNulty II @ 2001-07-02 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Irsan Saparianto, cygwin

I made a CD out of my installation.
I too had problems until I installed from CD instead of from hard drive.
Get a CD burner, burn a CD, and then install/

@ 2001-07-03  4:05 ` David Starks-Browning
From: David Starks-Browning @ 2001-07-03  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Irsan Saparianto; +Cc: cygwin

On Monday 2 Jul 01, Irsan Saparianto writes:
> I have just installed cygwin for the first time on win98 and i have
> installed all the packages from /latest.

When you say "all the packages from /latest" it suggests that you did
not use setup.exe from < http://cygwin.com/setup.exe >.  If that's the
case, then that is your mistake.  Use setup to install Cygwin.

* Re: Problems with GCC
@ 2003-07-13 22:10 ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2003-07-13 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Just a quick follow-up, asked him to rotate the order of includes done
in admin.c, (types.h in the beginning) and it passess compilation..

   /Andy

/ "Taylor Jeude" <Terin@yaysoft.com> wrote:
| Didn't include the actual problem earlier.  I keep getting this error.  I've
| reinstalled Cygwin 3 times, and finally, I installed the entire blasted
| thing...  Still no luck.
|
| $ make
| gcc -c -O -Wall -g  -DNOCRYPT admin.c
| In file included from /usr/include/cygwin/in.h:21,
|                  from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:14,
|                  from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:14,
|                  from admin.c:12:
| /usr/include/cygwin/types.h:120: parse error before "int16_t"
| /usr/include/cygwin/types.h:124: parse error before "int32_t"
| /usr/include/cygwin/types.h:128: parse error before "int64_t"

[...]

--
 The eye of the compiler rests on the code!

* Problems with GCC
@ 2003-07-12  8:29 Taylor Jeude
From: Taylor Jeude @ 2003-07-12  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Didn't include the actual problem earlier.  I keep getting this error.  I've
reinstalled Cygwin 3 times, and finally, I installed the entire blasted
thing...  Still no luck.

$ make
gcc -c -O -Wall -g  -DNOCRYPT admin.c
In file included from /usr/include/cygwin/in.h:21,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:14,
                 from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:14,
                 from admin.c:12:
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:120: parse error before "int16_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:124: parse error before "int32_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:128: parse error before "int64_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:137: parse error before "uint16_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:141: parse error before "uint32_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:145: parse error before "uint64_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:154: parse error before "u_int16_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:158: parse error before "u_int32_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:162: parse error before "u_int64_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/types.h:177: parse error before "register_t"
In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:14,
                 from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:14,
                 from admin.c:12:
/usr/include/cygwin/in.h:40: parse error before "in_port_t"
/usr/include/cygwin/in.h:81: parse error before "in_addr_t"
In file included from admin.c:12:
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:22: parse error before "inet_addr"
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:24: parse error before "inet_lnaof"
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:26: parse error before "inet_netof"
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:27: parse error before "inet_network"
In file included from admin.c:21:
game.h:360:3: warning: no newline at end of file
admin.c:95:2: warning: no newline at end of file
make: *** [admin.o] Error 1

Anyhow, I'm developing a program in C as a TCP-type server for a client =
system being made in Windows.  They've talked fine, but I recently had =
trouble using GDB.  Well, seeing as my copy of Cygwin was old, I =
decided, "Hey, I'll get the latest and greatest!"

Unfortunately, I'm getting errors out the wazoo now.  The code worked =
fine, prior to being used on this Cygwin and nothign has been altered.  =
It immediately has problems in 'types.h,' (under the include/cygwin =
directory) and finds parse errors prior to line 120 before, "int16_t."  =
Well, not only is this a problem, but in.h (also under the same =
directory) does the same with in_port_t prior to line 40, and then again =
with inet.h...

Did something pretty big change that would cause this to no longer =
compile?  I get a few warnings (actually in my source files now) that =
say, "warning: no newline at end of file," also something which I had =
never seen before.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--Terin

* Re: problems with gcc
@ 2001-04-14  8:37 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2001-04-14  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malhar, cygwin

Are you forgetting about the bash default path precautions? (i.e. the
normal thing you type is :)
./a
or
./a.exe

From: Marius Gedminas @ 2001-04-13 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:51:10PM -0700, Malhar wrote:
> i am new to this community... i tried to run "hello world" program in gcc
> but doesnt work... i tried commands "gcc temp.c" and "gcc -o abc temp.c" and
> the program is getting compiled and both a.exe and abc.exe are made, but
> when i try to run that i am getting the error "bash: a.exe: command not
> found" and "bash: abc: command not found" is this something to do with bash
> not installed or what? any pointers to this will be greatly appreciated..

Read the FAQ ( http://www.cygwin.com/faq/ ).  Especially the question
`Bash says "command not found", but it's right there!'.

Marius Gedminas
--
Hanlon's Razor:
        Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained

* problems with gcc
@ 2001-04-13 15:52 Malhar
From: Malhar @ 2001-04-13 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-09-13 11:32 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-09-13 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: paoletti; +Cc: cygwin

> $ gcc prova.cc
> /cygdrive/c/TEMP/ccTSU)Ej.o(.text+0x20):prova.cc: undefined reference to
> 'cout'
> /cygdrive/c/TEMP/ccTSU)Ej.o(.text+0x20):prova.cc: undefined reference to
> 'ostream::operator<<(char const *)''

This isn't a cygwin problem.  When you build a C++ program, you either
have to use the C++-aware version of gcc (g++) or manually specify
-lstdc++ on the command line to link the C++ libraries.

> The directories c:/cygwin/usr/bin and c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin are void.
> Is that normal?

If you are looking with explorer, yes.  The first has /bin mounted
over it and the second is intentionally empty.

* Problems with gcc.
@ 2000-09-13 11:20 Umberto Paoletti
From: Umberto Paoletti @ 2000-09-13 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I installed cygwin (in an AMD Athlon under windows NT) with setup.exe.
gcc seems not to find the "include/bin" library:

$ gcc prova.cc
/cygdrive/c/TEMP/ccTSU)Ej.o(.text+0x20):prova.cc: undefined reference to
'cout'
/cygdrive/c/TEMP/ccTSU)Ej.o(.text+0x20):prova.cc: undefined reference to
'ostream::operator<<(char const *)''
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

If I utilize the full address it works, but only until it doesn't find a
new nested "include". I'm not an expert at all. I tried by putting the
address in the PATH, but it doesn't work. There I had already written
the path to cygwin1.dll (c:/cygwin/bin).
I installed the program many times today, without results. Two weeks ago
it worked. It may be due to any new programs which I installed
thereafter, but the problem is still there.

The directories c:/cygwin/usr/bin and c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin are void.
Is that normal?
I controlled all the cygwin-files which have been downloaded by
Netscape. No file name has been corrupted.

I went through all the Mailing List Archive: I didn't find an answer. I
suppose that it's because the answe is very, very simple, but I can't
see it.

What else?

The cygcheck file is as follows:

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Wed Sep 13 17:48:50 2000

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 5

 /usr/bin
 /usr/bin
 /usr/bin
 /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32
 /cygdrive/c/WINNT
 /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/Tcl/bin
 /cygdrive/c/WINNT/Emacs/emacs-20.7/bin

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

Here's some environment variables that may affect cygwin:
HOME = `/cygdrive/c/home'
MAKE_MODE = `unix'
PWD = `/cygdrive/c/home/Source'
USER = `administrator'

Here's the rest of your environment variables:
!C: = `C:\cygwin\bin'
COMPUTERNAME = `MPNT925108D'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
HOMEDRIVE = `C:'
HOMEPATH = `\'
HOSTNAME = `MPNT925108D'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
LOGONSERVER = `\\MPNT20'
MACHTYPE = `i586-pc-cygwin'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
OLDPWD = `/cygdrive/c/home'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OSTYPE = `cygwin'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 2 Stepping 1, AuthenticAMD'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0201'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
PS1 = `^[]0;\w\a
^[[32m\u@\h ^[[33m\w^[[0m
$ '
SHELL = `/bin/sh'
SHLVL = `1'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINNT'
TEMP = `/cygdrive/c/TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
USERDOMAIN = `‘PER'
USERNAME = `Paoletti'
USERPROFILE = `C:\WINNT\Profiles\Paoletti'
WINDIR = `C:\WINNT'
_ = `/usr/bin/cygcheck'

Scanning registry for keys with `Cygnus' in them...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000020
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:/cygwin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `C:/cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `C:/cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `C:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1

Listing available drives...
Drv Type        Size   Free Flags              Name
a:  fd           N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS    4000Mb  31% CP CS UN PA FC
e:  cd           N/A    N/A
f:  hd  NTFS   10644Mb   3% CP CS UN PA FC
k:  net FAT     1033Mb  82%                    F
l:  net         1023Mb  86%
m:  net          127Mb 100% CP                 cd
n:  net NTFS    2063Mb  77% CP CS UN PA FC
o:  net NTFS    1023Mb  86% CP CS UN PA FC
fd=floppy, hd=hard drive, cd=CD-ROM, net=Network Share
CP=Case Preserving, CS=Case Sensitive, UN=Unicode
PA=Persistent ACLS, FC=File Compression, VC=Volume Compression

Mount entries: these map POSIX directories to your NT drives.
-NT-  -POSIX-  -Type-  -Flags-
C:\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin  user    binmode
C:\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
C:\cygwin  /        user    binmode

Looking to see where common programs can be found, if at all...
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\cat.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\cpp.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\gdb.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\ld.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\make.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe

Looking for various Cygnus DLLs...  (-v gives version info)
   83k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygitcl30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitcl30.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/6/11 3:34
   35k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygitk30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitk30.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/6/11 3:34
  402k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/6/11 3:30
    5k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0

   10k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0

                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/6/11 3:30
  639k 2000/06/11 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/6/11 3:34
  586k 2000/08/04 C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/8/4 0:53
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        dll major: 1001
        dll minor: 4
        dll epoch: 19
        dll bad signal mask: 19005
        dll old termios: 5
        api major: 0
        api minor: 26
        shared data: 3
        dll identifier: cygwin1
        mount registry: 2
        cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        program options name: Program Options
        cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        build date: Thu Aug 3 20:53:46 EDT 2000
        CVS tag: cygwin-1-1-4
        shared id: cygwin1S3

PS1 looks like very strange, didn't it? And the system variables?

I spend a lot of time in trying installing this program. I hope it
didn't go lost, that is I hope it can help someone and I can get an
answer!
Best regards.

Umberto Paoletti

* Problems with gcc
@ 1997-02-12 16:36 Dinesh Jindal
From: Dinesh Jindal @ 1997-02-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,
I am working on a project which was originally written for Unix
platforms. This program uses gnu classes and written specifically
for compiling with GCC.
Now I am trying to get it compiled under WINNT. Using cygwin-32
vversion of gcc, I was able to compile all the files but at link time
I am getting these errors:

\\cygnus\\include\\g++/alloc.h:530: multiple definition of
`malloc_alloc::oom_malloc(unsigned int)'
\\cygnus\\include\\g++/alloc.h:544: multiple definition of
`malloc_alloc::oom_realloc(void *, unsigned int)'
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::start_free'
<<<<<<<<<
and other similar messages.
I noticed that alloc.h is using _WIN32THREADS flag. I tried using it
but the situation remained same. I even tried _NOTHREADS without
any improvement.
Actually alloc.h gets included in my files through vector.h. The
vector.h file in cygnus gcc version is different from gcc includes
under Unix platforms in the sense that on Unix there is no file called
alloc.h under gcc includes and vector.h doesn't refer to it.

Could someone please give an indication as to what might me wrong. The
same program builds fine under SGI and SUN using 2.7.2 version of GCC.

Also could someone please give an idea as to what need to be done
for building gcc 2.7.2.1 under NT. I downloaded the sources and tried
to make it using both the methods described in INSTALL file. In the
first method using nmake and VC++ compiler 'cl' I get struck after
building 'enquire.exe'. The enquire.exe thus build is not right and
crashes while executing ./enquire -f > tmp_float.h.
Using second method i.e. building gcc under bash shell and using cygwin
version of gcc doesn't go through even the first files compilation.

I'll really appreciate any help in this regard.

Cheers!
Dinesh Jindal
<dinesh@xox.com>
" Your Conscience Never Stops You From Doing Anything, It Just Stops
  You From Enjoying It. "

-