* Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
@ 2015-10-23  3:12 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-10-23  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 18:52 -0700, Thomas Dineen wrote:
>     When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.
>
>     Please note that the download and SHA checksum
> check seem to complete successfully.
>
>     Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
> with the current updates installed.
>
>      Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
> the install manually?

I was unable to reproduce this.  Is there sufficient disk space on the
drive on which you are installing Cygwin?

--
Yaakov

* Install Bug on Windows XP
@ 2015-10-23  3:12 Thomas Dineen
From: Thomas Dineen @ 2015-10-23  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Thomas Dineen

Gentle People:

    When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.

    Please note that the download and SHA checksum
check seem to complete successfully.

    Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
with the current updates installed.

     Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
the install manually?

Thank You.
Thomas Dineen

* Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
@ 2015-10-23 22:36   ` Thomas Dineen
From: Thomas Dineen @ 2015-10-23 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Yaakov:

    Yes on the disk space.

    Is there a way to manually finish the install?

Thomas Dineen

On 10/22/2015 7:25 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 18:52 -0700, Thomas Dineen wrote:
>>      When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
>> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
>> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
>> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.
>>
>>      Please note that the download and SHA checksum
>> check seem to complete successfully.
>>
>>      Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
>> with the current updates installed.
>>
>>       Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
>> the install manually?
> I was unable to reproduce this.  Is there sufficient disk space on the
> drive on which you are installing Cygwin?
>
> --
> Yaakov
>

> --

* Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
@ 2015-10-24  9:16 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2015-10-24  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Dineen, cygwin

Greetings, Thomas Dineen!

> Gentle People:

>     When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.

>     Please note that the download and SHA checksum
> check seem to complete successfully.

>     Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
> with the current updates installed.

>      Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
> the install manually?

It would be more worthwhile to create a new install in a separate directory,
and start small.
Only install base set of packages.
Then gradually add tools you need.
I don't know, why you are installing -debuginfo packages, but it is IMO
unlikely to cause issues by itself.
Sounds more like environmental issue, or issue triggered immediately following
the installation of the mentioned package.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...