* windows cmd for ./configure
@ 2011-04-30 16:38 Sayth Renshaw
From: Sayth Renshaw @ 2011-04-30 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi I am haaving trouble locating the answer to this question due to
the amount of results configure brings in the archives and google.

I am trying to use ./configure && make on the command line however the
'.' in ./configure causes an error. I know my make works as I have
used it already.

What is the cygwin version of ./configure && make for building
programs on windows. I am trying to build 'auctex'

thanks

sayth

* Re: windows cmd for ./configure
@ 2011-04-30 19:06 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2011-04-30 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/30/2011 7:50 AM, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
> Hi I am haaving trouble locating the answer to this question due to
> the amount of results configure brings in the archives and google.
>
> I am trying to use ./configure&&  make on the command line however the
> '.' in ./configure causes an error. I know my make works as I have
> used it already.
>
> What is the cygwin version of ./configure&&  make for building
> programs on windows. I am trying to build 'auctex'

If the application is set up to be installed via configure, it should
provide its own specific configure script, as it seems auctex has done.
  Note that many applications require use of configure in the gnu
standard way (make a new clean directory and cd into it, run the
application's configure script from there).
I'm sure there is plenty of bad advice about configure for other
applications available by web search.  I note that the search string
"configure auctex" shows that there apparently is a mail list devoted to
auctex, where questions (after checking the instructions) might better
be answered.  Even though this list is frequented by a few people active
in the past on that list, I have probably gone well beyond the tolerance
of this list for generalities about applications not specifically
supported here.

--
Tim Prince