* Make on Cygwin Changing Ruby to Jruby executable
@ 2011-05-02 12:38 Sayth Renshaw
From: Sayth Renshaw @ 2011-05-02 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to use compile with emacs on windows7. Cygwin is being
called as its my make environment.

Cygwin seems to be calling ruby.exe judging by the output pasted
below, what I want to know is how do i update it to be jruby?

My path for jruby is set as.
C:\jruby-1.6.1\bin

This the output.

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "c:/MyRuby/" -*-
Compilation started at Mon May 02 22:30:48

C:/cygwin/bin\ruby.exe -w c:/MyRuby/anothertest.rb
cygwin warning:
 MS-DOS style path detected: c:/MyRuby/anothertest.rb
 Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/MyRuby/anothertest.rb
 CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
 Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
   http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

* Re: Make on Cygwin Changing Ruby to Jruby executable
@ 2011-05-02 16:41 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2011-05-02 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/2/2011 8:38 AM, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
> I am trying to use compile with emacs on windows7. Cygwin is being
> called as its my make environment.
>
> Cygwin seems to be calling ruby.exe judging by the output pasted
> below, what I want to know is how do i update it to be jruby?
>
> My path for jruby is set as.
> C:\jruby-1.6.1\bin
>
> This the output.
>
> -*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "c:/MyRuby/" -*-
> Compilation started at Mon May 02 22:30:48
>
> C:/cygwin/bin\ruby.exe -w c:/MyRuby/anothertest.rb

Presumably jruby in not in your path or at least not before the path you have
to Cygwin tools.  Setting up your path in this case might help.  Otherwise,
I'd say you need to look at the makefile you have to figure out what would be
the best way to get it to use jruby over Cygwin's ruby.

--
Larry

A: Yes.