* File size error using sftp
@ 2011-12-02 14:46 Andrew Erskine
From: Andrew Erskine @ 2011-12-02 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Im using an enterprise tool to sftp files from a remote server but it is failing with the error ..

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:01:40 Error nhiRpImport Pgm nhiRpImport: File size error for file 'D:/ehealth/modules/remotePoller/importData/poll/2e2ehpr01/config/rpCfg.3952.1322675313.dci' check data connection to remote site and ftp server configuration.
Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:01:40 Error nhiRpImport Pgm nhiRpImport: File transfer from host '2e2ehpr01' failed files: '' check data connection to remote site.

If i try and grab the file manually it works fine .. any ideas or thoughts on a method to troubleshoot ?

C:\Users\ehealth>
C:\Users\ehealth>sftp ehealth@2e2ehpr01
Connected to 2e2ehpr01.
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: D:\nutcroot\usr\lib\terminfo
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/d/nutcroot/usr/lib/terminfo
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
No entry for terminal type "nutc";
using dumb terminal settings.
No entry for terminal type "nutc";
using dumb terminal settings.
sftp> lcd
You must specify a path after a lcd command.
sftp> pwd
Remote working directory: /cygdrive/d/ehealth
sftp> cd modules/remotepoller/spool
sftp> pwd
Remote working directory: /cygdrive/d/ehealth/modules/remotepoller/spool
sftp>
sftp> get rpCfg.3952.1322675313.dci
Fetching /cygdrive/d/ehealth/modules/remotepoller/spool/rpCfg.3952.1322675313.dci to rpCfg.3952.1322675313.dci
/cygdrive/d/ehealth/modules/remotepoller/spoo 100%   16KB  15.8KB/s   00:01
sftp>
sftp> bye

thanks.

* File size error using sftp
@ 2011-12-02 14:50 ` Andrew Erskine
From: Andrew Erskine @ 2011-12-02 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[...]

* Re: File size error using sftp
@ 2011-12-02 18:04   ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2011-12-02 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-L

On 12/2/2011 7:50 AM, Andrew Erskine wrote:
> Im using an enterprise tool to sftp files from a remote server but it
> is failing with the error ..

[snip]

 > If i try and grab the file manually it works fine ..

So....you're asking us to debug Unspecified Enterprise Tool Which Is Not
Cygwin 2012 Edition (TM)?

I assume the 2012 Edition of Unspecified Enterprise Tool Which Is Not
Cygwin uses Cygwin's sftp, else it wouldn't be on topic here.

If so, why doesn't it use scp?  scp is a better tool for automated
copying.  Both scp and sftp ride on top of SSH, doing roughly the same
thing, but with a different UI.  scp mimics cp(1), while sftp mimics
ftp(1).  That makes sftp better for interactive use when the user isn't
sure exactly what they want to copy before they connect.

The equivalent scp to what you show in your sftp session is:

> scp ehealth@2e2ehpr01:modules/remotepoller/spool/rpCfg.3952.1322675313.dci .

(Quoted to prevent my mailer from wrapping the line.)

> C:\Users\ehealth> C:\Users\ehealth>sftp ehealth@2e2ehpr01 Connected
> to 2e2ehpr01. cygwin warning: MS-DOS style path detected:

Now you have a second opinion telling you to stop using CMD and DOS
style paths with Cygwin.  This one comes from the developers of the core
Cygwin DLL, rather than some random guy answering questions on the Internet.

> No entry for terminal type "nutc";

Upgrading to the latest Cygwin and using its new MinTTY based Bash shell
icon will fix this.  It doesn't have anything to do with your present
problem, but the misconfiguration it warns about might cause some other
failure for you down the line.