* how to verify setup.exe signature
@ 2012-03-28 14:55 Alexey Luchko
From: Alexey Luchko @ 2012-03-28 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

I was concerning how to verify http://cygwin.com/setup.exe for some time.
Today I've got an idea to check for .sig file and it is there too.

However, cygwin's public key is required to check it.  Where is it supposed
to be?

I've found '08 thread on the related subject
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-05/msg00587.html  but there is no source
of the public key mentioned either.

--
Regards,
Alex

* RE: how to verify setup.exe signature
@ 2012-03-28 15:14 ` Thrall, Bryan
From: Thrall, Bryan @ 2012-03-28 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Thrall, Bryan

Alexey Luchko wrote on 2012-03-28:
> Hi!
>
> I was concerning how to verify http://cygwin.com/setup.exe for some time.
> Today I've got an idea to check for .sig file and it is there too.
>
> However, cygwin's public key is required to check it.  Where is it supposed
> to be?

I think the links in the first paragraph of http://cygwin.com/install.html should answer your question.

Hope this helps,
--
Bryan Thrall
Principal Software Engineer

* Re: how to verify setup.exe signature
@ 2012-03-29 15:16   ` Alexey Luchko
From: Alexey Luchko @ 2012-03-29 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 28.03.2012 18:14, Thrall, Bryan wrote:
>> I was concerning how to verify http://cygwin.com/setup.exe for some time.
>> Today I've got an idea to check for .sig file and it is there too.
>>
>> However, cygwin's public key is required to check it.  Where is it supposed
>> to be?
>
> I think the links in the first paragraph of http://cygwin.com/install.html should answer your question.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thank you. It's there :)