From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: Brian Inglis via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>,
Subject: Re: Is there, anywhere in the world, some place where ican rsync Cygin 32 bits ?
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:58:39 +0100	[thread overview]

On 30/05/2023 20:55, Brian Inglis via Cygwin wrote:
> On 2023-05-30 06:21, Jon Turney via Cygwin wrote:
>>>
>>> Appears the master and all mirrors have stub setup.ini and nothing else!
>>> Only private mirrors like fruitbat are likely to maintain history.
>>
>> This answer is wrong is almost every particular.
>
> Good - nothing like a definitely wrong statement in a post to bring out
> an illuminating correction in a reply!

No, we're not going to play that game.  Posting misinformation doesn't
oblige me to provide a correction (because that's an easily exploitable
infinite time sink).

Please avoid making definitive statements you don't know to be true on
this list in future.

>> I went to a some effort to maintain an accessible archive of the last
>> 32-bit cygwin (See [1]).
>>
>> Please don't spread misinformation.
>
> Both the OP and myself, and likely others, missed the alternative:
> I just went back and reread it a few times, and finally got the point;
> also in the Install FAQ - I just noticed it third time thru, after
> searching the page for "sourceware".

[...]
>    An incomplete list of sourceware mirrors is available at:
>
>      https://sourceware.org/mirrors.html
>
>    (Not all sourceware mirrors may carry the cygwin-archive mirror.)

Again, this is wrong.

sourceware mirrors by definition mirror the entire "ftp directory" from
sourceware.