* pciutils package
@ 2012-09-04  5:45 shashank chaturvedi
From: shashank chaturvedi @ 2012-09-04  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello cygwin,
                  I am not able to get pciutils package in the cygwin
package lists.
How to get the pciutils package in the cygwin?
Please give me some direction about this issue.

regards
Shashank

* Re: pciutils package
@ 2012-09-04 13:45 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2012-09-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/4/2012 1:45 AM, shashank chaturvedi wrote:
> Hello cygwin,
>                    I am not able to get pciutils package in the cygwin
> package lists.
> How to get the pciutils package in the cygwin?
> Please give me some direction about this issue.

If you search for 'pciutils' at the package search link below, you'll
find there's no available package as part of the distribution.

<http://cygwin.com/packages/>

It's always possible that someone has packaged or otherwise created a
binary for Cygwin but you'll need to search the web for that.

--
Larry

A: Yes.
 > Q: Are you sure?
 >> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

* Re:pciutils package
@ 2012-09-05  5:14 ` shashank chaturvedi
From: shashank chaturvedi @ 2012-09-05  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>Hello cygwin,
  >                 I am not able to get pciutils package in the cygwin
>package lists.
>How to get the pciutils package in the cygwin?
>Please give me some direction about this issue.

>If you search for 'pciutils' at the package search link below, you'll
>find there's no available package as part of the distribution.

> <http://cygwin.com/packages/>

>It's always possible that someone has packaged or otherwise created a
>binary for Cygwin but you'll need to search the web for that.

>--
>Larry

I tried a lot to find pciutils package for cygwin but i couldn't get
this package from web,can u please send me any link to get the
pciutils package for cygwin on windows7

---
Shashank

* Re: pciutils package
@ 2012-09-05  6:25   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-05  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:43:50AM +0530, shashank chaturvedi wrote:
>>Hello cygwin,
>  >                 I am not able to get pciutils package in the cygwin
>>package lists.
>>How to get the pciutils package in the cygwin?
>>Please give me some direction about this issue.
>

>>If you search for 'pciutils' at the package search link below, you'll
>>find there's no available package as part of the distribution.
>
>> <http://cygwin.com/packages/>
>
>>It's always possible that someone has packaged or otherwise created a
>>binary for Cygwin but you'll need to search the web for that.
>
>I tried a lot to find pciutils package for cygwin but i couldn't get
>this package from web,can u please send me any link to get the
>pciutils package for cygwin on windows7

You've already been told that pciutils isn't a Cygwin package.  There
was no withholding of information here.  The suggestion to search the
web was because no one here knows anything about it.

cgf

* Re: pciutils package
@ 2012-09-05  8:05     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-09-05  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/5/2012 8:24 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:43:50AM +0530, shashank chaturvedi wrote:
>>> Hello cygwin,
>>   >                 I am not able to get pciutils package in the cygwin
>>> package lists.
>>> How to get the pciutils package in the cygwin?
>>> Please give me some direction about this issue.

>> I tried a lot to find pciutils package for cygwin but i couldn't get
>> this package from web,can u please send me any link to get the
>> pciutils package for cygwin on windows7
>
> You've already been told that pciutils isn't a Cygwin package.  There
> was no withholding of information here.  The suggestion to search the
> web was because no one here knows anything about it.
>
> cgf

shashank
look at the pciutils homepage
http://mj.ucw.cz/sw/pciutils/

you will find the source (GPL) plus the note
that on windows it needs a thirdparty tool WinIO
http://www.internals.com/

that is free but not GPL.

A windows native binary is available here:
http://eternallybored.org/misc/pciutils/

Regards
Marco

* Re: pciutils package
@ 2012-09-05 13:40     ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2012-09-05 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/5/2012 2:24 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:43:50AM +0530, shashank chaturvedi wrote:

> You've already been told that pciutils isn't a Cygwin package.  There
> was no withholding of information here.  The suggestion to search the
> web was because no one here knows anything about it.

I googled "pcutils".  The first "hit" is:

http://mj.ucw.cz/sw/pciutils/

which gives download links, etc.  I suspect you simply
download and build it.  Maybe they have pre-built versions --
I didn't look.  And you can do it for Windows (native) or
cygwin.  But if you have questions, etc., you'll need to
follow up wth the pcutils people, most likely.

Many (but not all) things that you can obtain and build
for Linux can be built on cygwin, too.

Regards -- Eliot Moss