* Cygwin Installation Stops in the Middle
       [not found] <511669159.16162636.1372897051765.JavaMail.root@mail.gatech.edu>
@ 2013-07-04  0:22 ` Fitzharris, Margaret A
From: Fitzharris, Margaret A @ 2013-07-04  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was downloading the first Cygwin setup installation located at http://www.cygwin.com/install.html. I tried installing directly from the internet, using all the default settings, such as root directory: C:/Cygwin. However, the installation gets stuck whenever it starts installing something like, "/etc/postinstall/dbus.sh". I have turned off my firewall. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Margaret Fitzharris

* Re: Cygwin Installation Stops in the Middle
@ 2013-07-04  0:38   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2013-07-04  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7/3/2013 8:22 PM, Fitzharris, Margaret A wrote:
> I was downloading the first Cygwin setup installation located at http://www.cygwin.com/install.html. I tried installing directly from the internet, using all the default settings, such as root directory: C:/Cygwin. However, the installation gets stuck whenever it starts installing something like, "/etc/postinstall/dbus.sh". I have turned off my firewall. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

It's not installing anything at this point.  It's running postinstall
scripts, some of which can be time consuming.  Maybe you just weren't
patient enough.

Did you by any chance choose to install more than the packages that are
installed by default?  (These are the packages in the Base category.)
If so, I recommend that you start by just installing the Base packages.
  You can always re-run setup.exe later and choose additional packages.

Ken