* SVN - Newest Version
@ 2013-07-06  6:07 Chloe
From: Chloe @ 2013-07-06  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How do I install the latest SVN? I have version
$ svn --version
svn, version 1.7.8 (r1419691)
    compiled Jan 26 2013, 10:45:51
$ which svn
/usr/bin/svn

but my working copy is a newer format:

$ svn info
svn: E155021: This client is too old to work with the working copy at

I tried setup.exe and searched in
http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com
http://box-soft.com
ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports

but there were no SVN clients, just SVN utilities and converters.
http://i.imgur.com/eqF9ftM.png?1

* Re: SVN - Newest Version
@ 2013-07-06  6:08 ` Denis Excoffier
From: Denis Excoffier @ 2013-07-06  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chloe; +Cc: cygwin

On 2013-07-06 07:27, Chloe wrote:
> How do I install the latest SVN? I have version
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.7.8 (r1419691)
>   compiled Jan 26 2013, 10:45:51
> $ which svn
> /usr/bin/svn
>
> but my working copy is a newer format:
>
> $ svn info
> svn: E155021: This client is too old to work with the working copy at
>
> I tried setup.exe and searched in
> http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com
> http://box-soft.com
> ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports
>
> but there were no SVN clients, just SVN utilities and converters.
> http://i.imgur.com/eqF9ftM.png?1

Did you try with the "subversion" keyword?
You should obtain subversion-1.8.0 which is what you seem to need.

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

* Re: SVN - Newest Version
@ 2013-07-06  7:18 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2013-07-06  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7/5/2013 10:27 PM, Chloe wrote:
> How do I install the latest SVN? I have version
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.7.8 (r1419691)
>    compiled Jan 26 2013, 10:45:51
> $ which svn
> /usr/bin/svn

> I tried setup.exe and searched in
> http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com
> http://box-soft.com
> ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports
>
> but there were no SVN clients, just SVN utilities and converters.
> http://i.imgur.com/eqF9ftM.png?1

The latest version is 1.8.0 and the package name is subversion. It's
available on the hoobly.com mirror.

If you had Subversion installed through setup before, you should be able
to simply start setup and keep clicking Next to update all your
packages, including Subversion. You might want to click on the "View"
button at the top-right until it says Pending, though, to see exactly
what it will install.

Peers's Law:
        The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.