* Orphaned Packages in Packages List
@ 2021-12-07 15:19 Fenlason, Allen [US] (ES)
From: Fenlason, Allen [US] (ES) @ 2021-12-07 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to understand the process for managing packages that are listed on the CygWin Packages list page.

This specifically refers to https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html.

In reading the CygWin Package Contributor's Guide, it indicates that packages without active maintainers are removed from distribution. Does that just mean it is not included as part of the base installation of CygWin, or is there also a process for removing these from the Package List site?

Thanks,
ALLEN

* Re: Orphaned Packages in Packages List
@ 2021-12-07 15:38 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-12-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fenlason, Allen [US] (ES), cygwin

On 07.12.2021 16:19, Fenlason, Allen [US] (ES) wrote:
> I am trying to understand the process for managing packages that are listed on the CygWin Packages list page.
>
> This specifically refers to https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html.
>
> In reading the CygWin Package Contributor's Guide, it indicates that packages without active maintainers are removed from distribution. Does that just mean it is not included as part of the base installation of CygWin, or is there also a process for removing these from the Package List site?

Hi Allen

we are not removing them; just not updating until a new maintainer
adopts them, or some one update them
(usually for solving dependency issue)

The full list of packages and maintainers is here:
https://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

Regards
Marco