* c++11 threading support in mingw-w64 package
@ 2013-09-01 11:26 nu774
From: nu774 @ 2013-09-01 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

It seems that mingw64-*-gcc-g++ package is not compiled with
--enable-pthread, that results in no c++11 threading support.
Is it intentional, or is it possible to enable it?
As far as I understand, c++11 threading support can be enabled by
libwinpthread of mingw-w64 project + gcc configuration switch.

Since libwinpthread is already included in mingw64 package, I think
--enable-pthread --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes
will be enough to support c++11 threading.

* Re: c++11 threading support in mingw-w64 package
@ 2013-09-01 16:10 ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2013-09-01 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/1/2013 19:26, nu774 wrote:
> It seems that mingw64-*-gcc-g++ package is not compiled with
> --enable-pthread, that results in no c++11 threading support.
> Is it intentional, or is it possible to enable it?
> As far as I understand, c++11 threading support can be enabled by
> libwinpthread of mingw-w64 project + gcc configuration switch.

You can enable it yourself, however this means all code will require
libwinpthread, regardless of whether you actually used any pthread code.
I'm not sure if users will appreciate it.

> Since libwinpthread is already included in mingw64 package, I think
> --enable-pthread --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes
> will be enough to support c++11 threading.

Please rebuild it yourself. Keep in mind that it is not compatible with
the other mingw-w64 binary packages.

Alternatively, you can just use boost.

* Re: c++11 threading support in mingw-w64 package
@ 2013-09-01 16:20   ` nu774
From: nu774 @ 2013-09-01 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If it's intentional, that's OK.