* ECCN for Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE
@ 2023-05-15 20:45 Justin Reeves
From: Justin Reeves @ 2023-05-15 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

To Whom It May Concern;

I am a project manager at Caterpillar and I am working on compliance for programs/applications. I am looking to find the Electronic Classification Control Number (ECCN) for "Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE". If someone could respond via email to confirm the ECCN, then I can document the response for this program and identify it properly in our various tools/databases. Please let me know if you need assistance. Thank you in advance for your help.

Very Respectfully,

Justin Reeves | Project Mgr, Global Information Services
Caterpillar Inc. | Building Construction Products
Justin.Reeves@cat.com<mailto:Justin.Reeves@cat.com> | https://www.caterpillar.com<https://www.caterpillar.com/>

Caterpillar: Confidential Green

* Re: ECCN for Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE
@ 2023-05-15 21:00 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2023-05-15 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Reeves; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 21:46, Justin Reeves via Cygwin wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern;
>
> I am a project manager at Caterpillar and I am working on compliance for programs/applications. I am looking to find the Electronic Classification Control Number (ECCN) for "Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE". If someone could respond via email to confirm the ECCN, then I can document the response for this program and identify it properly in our various tools/databases. Please let me know if you need assistance. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Justin,

Cygwin does not have an ECCN. There is more information on the website
at https://cygwin.com/licensing.html

Adam

* Re: ECCN for Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE
@ 2023-05-16 17:47   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-05-16 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Justin Reeves

On 2023-05-15 15:00, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 21:46, Justin Reeves wrote:

>> I am a project manager at Caterpillar and I am working on compliance for programs/applications. I am looking to find the Electronic Classification Control Number (ECCN) for "Cygwin 1.7.34 - FREE". If someone could respond via email to confirm the ECCN, then I can document the response for this program and identify it properly in our various tools/databases. Please let me know if you need assistance. Thank you in advance for your help.

> Cygwin does not have an ECCN. There is more information on the website
> at https://cygwin.com/licensing.html

Justin,

Cygwin is a rolling release system which is designed to be updated regularly to
be compatible with any currently supported Windows (or Wine) releases.
Hundreds of serious security vulnerabilities have been fixed since 1.7.34:
194 update announcements since then have mentioned CVEs.
Cygwin has added supported for many Windows security features, deprecated and
dropped or upgraded vulnerable packages and features, and added a lot of other
newer standard security features since then; see:

	https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new.html

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry