From: Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [64bit] cygwin-devel headers broken
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 18:19:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Am 01.05.2015 um 14:10 schrieb Jon TURNEY:
> On 01/05/2015 06:03, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 4/30/2015 8:52 PM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> There is a crash issue induced on cygwin-64 (not on -32) after
>>> compilation with cygwin-devel 2.0.0 include files. I am recompiling my
>>> editor mined and it crashes, maybe immediately or after typing
>>> non-trivial input (like function keys, waiting for input with
>>> select()).
>>>

>> I had a similar issue. But in my case the compilation fails as
>> select seems gone:
>
> It seems that sys/select.h is no longer implicitly included by some
> other header, I think probably sys/time.h.
Thanks for the hint, adding an include solves the issue.
It had compiled without because I have a plain extern int select()
declaration. It's obviously not a good declaration because the pointer
arguments can now be 64 bit. (I think I could not unconditionally
include select.h for porting compatibility with some legacy systems that
don't have it.)

Not sure whether it's a bug then as arguably a program using select
should declare it properly. On the other hand this issue has not
appeared on any other system and if traditionally include time.h used to
imply include select.h maybe that should be maintained.
------
Thomas