* missing php library dll
       [not found] <608093870.3414262.1653580631963.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2022-05-26 15:57 ` Jim McNamara
From: Jim McNamara @ 2022-05-26 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all-

I have tracked down the problem and wondering if you had a suggestion to help me fix it. Is there any reason why the package on the mirror doesn't have library -lphp7? Is there a way I can get one or do something to solve this problem? I tried 2 different PhP package versions on the mirror.

/bin/sh /home/user/amf3/libtool --mode=link cc -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/home/user/amf3/include -I/home/user/amf3/main -I/home/user/amf3 -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2    -o amf3.la -export-dynamic -avoid-version -module -no-undefined -rpath /home/user/amf3/modules  amf3.lo amf3-encode.lo amf3-decode.lo -lphp7

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lphp7.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libphp7 but no candidates were found. (...for file magic test)

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module amf3.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

thanks,
roboloki

* Re: missing php library dll
@ 2022-05-26 16:10   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2022-05-26 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/26/2022 11:57 AM, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
> hi all-
>
> I have tracked down the problem and wondering if you had a suggestion to help me fix it. Is there any reason why the package on the mirror doesn't have library -lphp7? Is there a way I can get one or do something to solve this problem? I tried 2 different PhP package versions on the mirror.

It's in the php-devel package.

Ken

* Re: missing php library dll
@ 2022-05-26 16:35   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-05-26 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2022-05-26 09:57, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
> I have tracked down the problem and wondering if you had a suggestion
> to help me fix it. Is there any reason why the package on the mirror
> doesn't have library -lphp7? Is there a way I can get one or do
> something to solve this problem? I tried 2 different PhP package
> versions on the mirror.
> /bin/sh /home/user/amf3/libtool --mode=link cc -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/home/user/amf3/include -I/home/user/amf3/main -I/home/user/amf3 -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2    -o amf3.la -export-dynamic -avoid-version -module -no-undefined -rpath /home/user/amf3/modules  amf3.lo amf3-encode.lo amf3-decode.lo -lphp7
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lphp7.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
> *** with libphp7 but no candidates were found. (...for file magic test)
> *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
> *** dependencies of module amf3.  Therefore, libtool will create
> *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
> *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

Did you install the Cygwin php-devel package which includes many
/usr/lib/php/build/ files, /usr/lib/libphp7.dll.a, a couple of
utilities, and their man pages, which you should read, and search for
other docs on building against php under Cygwin?

Did you install the Cygwin libtool package? Cygwin runtime packages
mostly build only dynamic libraries, and php installs
/usr/bin/cygphp7-7-3.dll, which cygwin libtool should find and use.

You should also check the options available from configure e.g.
--disable-static and --disable-rpath as rpath is not normally used in
Cygwin builds IIRC.