* Periodic search for FAQ link update for clean_setup.pl?
       [not found] <981296455.1944756.1481648267593.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-12-13 17:01 ` Ian Lambert via cygwin
From: Ian Lambert via cygwin @ 2016-12-13 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Looking for suggestions on cleaning up package directories,

https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.setup.disk-space

has a broken link, again, to clean_setup.pl ?

Mailing list search finds:

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2009-06/msg00573.html

that has an old version attached, 1.0700 (2003-07-02).

Is a newer version available or is that the latest,
and could the FAQ link be fixed?

Thanks!

* Re: Periodic search for FAQ link update for clean_setup.pl?
@ 2016-12-14 18:05   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-12-14 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Ian Lambert

On 13/12/2016 16:57, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
> Looking for suggestions on cleaning up package directories,
>
> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.setup.disk-space
>
> has a broken link, again, to clean_setup.pl ?
>
> Mailing list search finds:
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2009-06/msg00573.html
>
> that has an old version attached, 1.0700 (2003-07-02).
>
> Is a newer version available or is that the latest,
> and could the FAQ link be fixed?

Thanks for pointing this out.

Since direct downloads from cygwin.com haven't been allowed for a long
time, this FAQ should say something like "available at
unsupported/clean_setup.pl in a Cygwin mirror"

I'm not sure if this script still works, and it is, well..., unsupported :)