* how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
       [not found] <dcce3c3876ff4fd0a63ce4d44b5b5a81@DB4PR90MB0154.MGDPHG.emi.philips.com>
@ 2015-10-08 16:50 ` Peter
From: Peter @ 2015-10-08 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
server via ssh.
The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
Alas they always get nagged with the
"WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding."
Is there a way to get rid of this message?

* Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
@ 2015-10-08 19:05   ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2015-10-08 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter, cygwin

Greetings, Peter!

> I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
> server via ssh.
> The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
> Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
> Alas they always get nagged with the
> "WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding."
> Is there a way to get rid of this message?

Tell them to not request X11 forwarding, and they won't be nagged by it.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
@ 2015-10-08 20:18     ` Peter
From: Peter @ 2015-10-08 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 08.10.2015 20:56, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Peter!
>
>> I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
>> server via ssh.
>> The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
>> Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
>> Alas they always get nagged with the
>> "WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding."
>> Is there a way to get rid of this message?
> Tell them to not request X11 forwarding, and they won't be nagged by it.

I don't understand this answer.
The command is just    ssh  user@host    when I get the warning.
If the command was  ssh -X user@host  or ssh -Y user@host  it would be
clear to me.
So maybe there is some default in sshd_config that should be changed?

* Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
@ 2015-10-10  7:14   ` Ken Jackson
From: Ken Jackson @ 2015-10-10  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/08/2015 12:47 PM, Peter wrote:
> I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
> server via ssh.
> The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
> Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
> Alas they always get nagged with the
> "WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
> forwarding."
> Is there a way to get rid of this message?

I have this in my ~/.bashrc file to add xauth data:

if [ -n "$DISPLAY" -a -z "$(xauth list ":${DISPLAY#*:}" 2>/dev/null)" ]
then
     xauth add "$DISPLAY" . "$(date | md5sum | cut -b1-32)"
fi

Alternately, try putting this in /etc/ssh_config:

   ForwardX11 no

-Ken