* Install Cygwin on mounted drive for multiple concurrent users on multiple machines?
@ 2015-11-19 22:52 Kenneth Wolcott
From: Kenneth Wolcott @ 2015-11-19 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi;

  I didn't see this in the Cygwin FAQ (perhaps I didn't look carefully
enough or perhaps it is too obvious a question).

  Instead of installing Cygwin on each Windows machine, is it
advisable to install it once on a public mounted drive?  Then not only
multiple users (concurrent or not) could use Cygwin on multiple
machines (concurrently or not) from one place.  Since many of the
machines I want to install Cygwin are short of disk space on the local
drive, but there seems to be sufficient space for a slightly larger
than minimal Cygwin installation on a public drive, is this advisable?
 I guess I'd see a performance hit if Cygwin were not installed on a
local drive.  Are there any other concerns?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

* Re: Install Cygwin on mounted drive for multiple concurrent users on multiple machines?
@ 2015-11-20  7:17 ` David Macek
From: David Macek @ 2015-11-20  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin