* cygwin update hang on autorebase
@ 2015-12-18 21:40 Xie, Wei
From: Xie, Wei @ 2015-12-18 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I tried to update my cygwin in win7 64 bit DELL optiplex 7020 desktop
but the process hang after downloading the update. I manually kill each
bash.exe process and it can move to the next step but will continue
hang. I also tried to have a complete fresh installation, the process
hang at autorebase. After killing the dash.exe, the process hang at post
install stage.

Thanks
--Wei

* Re: cygwin update hang on autorebase
@ 2015-12-18 22:17 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2015-12-18 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/18/2015 4:40 PM, Xie, Wei wrote:
> I tried to update my cygwin in win7 64 bit DELL optiplex 7020 desktop
> but the process hang after downloading the update. I manually kill each
> bash.exe process and it can move to the next step but will continue
> hang. I also tried to have a complete fresh installation, the process
> hang at autorebase. After killing the dash.exe, the process hang at post
> install stage.

Are you sure autorebase was hanging?  Maybe you just didn't wait long
enough for it to finish.  It can take a long time, especially if you
installed a lot of packages.  You might first try to do a base install,
with no extra packages chosen.

Ken