* [bug] in multiwindow, emacs lose focus when maximized
@ 2016-02-08 11:50 k75527552
From: k75527552 @ 2016-02-08 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi

To reproduce this annoying bug:
- launch cygwinX in multiwindow mode
- install emacs
- launch emacs
- make emacs window fullscreen (maximize)
- type alt-x

Here emacs loses focus. I have to click on the emacs window to get focus again.

This doesn't happen when emacs window not maximized.

If someone has a workaround (other than not maximizing), it would be nice.

Not tested in monowindow mode.

Thanks
Sophana

* Re: [bug] in multiwindow, emacs lose focus when maximized
@ 2016-02-08 19:25 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-02-08 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2/8/2016 6:50 AM, k75527552 wrote:
> Hi
>
> To reproduce this annoying bug:
> - launch cygwinX in multiwindow mode
> - install emacs
> - launch emacs
> - make emacs window fullscreen (maximize)
> - type alt-x
>
> Here emacs loses focus. I have to click on the emacs window to get focus again.

I can't reproduce this on my system.  Can you give more details?  For
example:

* How are you launching the X server?
* Are you using emacs-X11?
* How are you launching it?
* Does the problem occur if you run 'emacs -Q'?

Also, please attach cygcheck output as requested at
http://cygwin.com/problems.html:

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
*attachment* in your report.  Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output.  Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed."

Ken