* Downloading Cygwin version 1.7
@ 2016-02-09 15:05 Michele Modolo
From: Michele Modolo @ 2016-02-09 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I'd like to install the latest version of Oracle Enterprise Manager
(13c) for evaluation purposes. Oracle states that it "is certified and
supported with Cygwin 1.7" so I'd like to install Cygwin 1.7.

The current version of Cygwin is 2.4.1 and it seems there's currently
no way to find the 1.7 version (which is the only one officially
supported by Oracle as stated above) in your official website. Even if
it (really) seems to be awkward...would you have any clue for me to be
able to find and istall an outdated version?

Thank you, regards

* Re: Downloading Cygwin version 1.7
@ 2016-02-09 15:28 ` Erik Soderquist
From: Erik Soderquist @ 2016-02-09 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Michele Modolo <mjkkimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to install the latest version of Oracle Enterprise Manager
> (13c) for evaluation purposes. Oracle states that it "is certified and
> supported with Cygwin 1.7" so I'd like to install Cygwin 1.7.
>
> The current version of Cygwin is 2.4.1 and it seems there's currently
> no way to find the 1.7 version (which is the only one officially
> supported by Oracle as stated above) in your official website. Even if
> it (really) seems to be awkward...would you have any clue for me to be
> able to find and istall an outdated version?

This is copy/pasted from another email on this list I happened to
remember and be able to find again:

{quote}
If you wish to download the old DLL + the old packages, you can obtain
them both with the "Cygwin time machine."
http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/#cygwintimemachine
{quote}

-- Erik

* Re: Downloading Cygwin version 1.7
@ 2016-02-09 16:18   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-02-09 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 09/02/2016 16:28, Erik Soderquist wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Michele Modolo <mjkkimo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to install the latest version of Oracle Enterprise Manager
>> (13c) for evaluation purposes. Oracle states that it "is certified and
>> supported with Cygwin 1.7" so I'd like to install Cygwin 1.7.
>>
>> The current version of Cygwin is 2.4.1 and it seems there's currently
>> no way to find the 1.7 version (which is the only one officially
>> supported by Oracle as stated above) in your official website. Even if
>> it (really) seems to be awkward...would you have any clue for me to be
>> able to find and istall an outdated version?
>
> This is copy/pasted from another email on this list I happened to
> remember and be able to find again:
>
> {quote}
> If you wish to download the old DLL + the old packages, you can obtain
> them both with the "Cygwin time machine."
> http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/#cygwintimemachine
> {quote}
>
> -- Erik

Michele,
please also note that if it works with last 1.7.x
than almost surely works with with any following 2.x
versions.

Regards
Marco