* Mintty font problem
@ 2016-04-04 23:54 Paul Ausbeck
From: Paul Ausbeck @ 2016-04-04 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Cygwin setup just updated some older packages while installing a
requested new component and now mintty does not recognize fonts
properly. I was previously using lucinda-console but now some default
font is being used. When I try to change the mintty font through the
Options... dialog, the following message appears when I press Select...:

"There are no fonts installed.
  Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."

I've looked through the cygwin announce history and mintty v2.3.3
advertises some font support changes. I'm still running Windows XP on
this machine and I'm wondering if it could be that this new version of
mintty has not been tested on XP?

* Re: Mintty font problem
@ 2016-04-05  0:41 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2016-04-05  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 05.04.2016 um 01:54 schrieb Paul Ausbeck:
> Cygwin setup just updated some older packages while installing a
> requested new component and now mintty does not recognize fonts
> properly. I was previously using lucinda-console but now some default
> font is being used. When I try to change the mintty font through the
> Options... dialog, the following message appears when I press Select...:
>
> "There are no fonts installed.
>  Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."
>
> I've looked through the cygwin announce history and mintty v2.3.3
> advertises some font support changes. I'm still running Windows XP on
> this machine and I'm wondering if it could be that this new version of
> mintty has not been tested on XP?
It hasn't, in fact. I'll check that.

* Re: Mintty font selection problem on Windows XP
@ 2016-04-07 19:26   ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2016-04-07 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, paula

Am 05.04.2016 um 02:40 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
> Am 05.04.2016 um 01:54 schrieb Paul Ausbeck:
>> Cygwin setup just updated some older packages while installing a
>> requested new component and now mintty does not recognize fonts
>> properly. I was previously using lucinda-console but now some default
>> font is being used. When I try to change the mintty font through the
>> Options... dialog, the following message appears when I press Select...:
>>
>> "There are no fonts installed.
>>  Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."
>>
>> I've looked through the cygwin announce history and mintty v2.3.3
>> advertises some font support changes. I'm still running Windows XP on
>> this machine and I'm wondering if it could be that this new version
>> of mintty has not been tested on XP?
> It hasn't, in fact. I'll check that.
This is fixed in the repository. Can you compile
https://github.com/mintty/mintty/archive/master.zip and retry?
Thomas

* Re: Mintty font problem
@ 2016-04-10 19:50 ` john refling
From: john refling @ 2016-04-10 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Paul Ausbeck <paula <at> soe.ucsc.edu> writes:

> Cygwin setup just updated some older packages while installing a
> requested new component and now mintty does not recognize fonts
> properly. I was previously using lucinda-console but now some default
> font is being used. When I try to change the mintty font through the
> Options... dialog, the following message appears when I press Select...:
>
> "There are no fonts installed.
>   Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."
>
> I've looked through the cygwin announce history and mintty v2.3.3
> advertises some font support changes. I'm still running Windows XP on
> this machine and I'm wondering if it could be that this new version of
> mintty has not been tested on XP?

I'm having the same problem with a new XP install and cygwin, where it
worked before.  Tried v 2.3.3, v2.3.5, and older archived v2.2.4 which
certainly worked fine on previous XP machine.  Nothing works now, so not
sure if it is mintty or XP setup.  Exact same XP install disk as previous.
Different hardware.

One MS forum suggested to make sure that at least 1 printer was installed to
make fonts visible in some applications.

Another suggested checking permissions on the font directory.

A cygwin forum suggested that there might be no monospace fonts installed
and that mintty needs monospaced fonts only (make sense).

I've tried all the above, and no luck.

Something else suggested using tweakui to rebuild certain system folders.

I'll try that next.

John Refling

* Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-10 20:18   ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-10 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello
I have tried to install Cygwin x86 in my netbook (win 10 32bit).
Only default packages were installed.
In the final panel, I saw  the following:
Postinstall script errors
<snip>
Package: 0/Perpetual
 0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code 2
 0p_update-info-dir.dash exit code 2
Package: _/base-cygwin
 000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 254
Package: _/coreutils
 coreutils.sh exit code 127
Package: _/bash
 bash.sh exit code 254
Package: _/base-files
 base-files-mketc.sh exit code 254
 base-files-profile.sh exit code 254
Package: _/ca-certificates
 ca-certificates.sh exit code 254
Package: _/lynx
 lynx.sh exit code 254
Package: _/man-db
 man-db.sh exit code 254
What were happened?
As expecteded from the errors above installed Cywin were buggy
and colud not be usable

Tatsuro

* Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-10 22:12     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-04-10 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/10/2016 4:18 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> Hello
> I have tried to install Cygwin x86 in my netbook (win 10 32bit).
> Only default packages were installed.
> In the final panel, I saw  the following:
> Postinstall script errors
> <snip>
> Package: 0/Perpetual
>   0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code 2
>   0p_update-info-dir.dash exit code 2
> Package: _/base-cygwin
>   000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 254
> Package: _/coreutils
>   coreutils.sh exit code 127
> Package: _/bash
>   bash.sh exit code 254
> Package: _/base-files
>   base-files-mketc.sh exit code 254
>   base-files-profile.sh exit code 254
> Package: _/ca-certificates
>   ca-certificates.sh exit code 254
> Package: _/lynx
>   lynx.sh exit code 254
> Package: _/man-db
>   man-db.sh exit code 254
> What were happened?
> As expecteded from the errors above installed Cywin were buggy
> and colud not be usable

Take a look at var/log/setup.log.full and see if it gives any clues as
to why the postinstall scripts are failing.  You could also try running
them manually.

Ken

* Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-10 22:54       ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-10 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Brown, cygwin

> From: Ken Brown
> To: cygwin
> Date: 2016/4/11, Mon 07:12
> Subject: Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
>
> On 4/10/2016 4:18 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>  Hello
>>  I have tried to install Cygwin x86 in my netbook (win 10 32bit).
>>  Only default packages were installed.
>>  In the final panel, I saw  the following:
>>  Postinstall script errors
>>  <snip>
>>  Package: 0/Perpetual
>>    0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code 2
>>    0p_update-info-dir.dash exit code 2
>>  Package: _/base-cygwin
>>    000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 254
>>  Package: _/coreutils
>>    coreutils.sh exit code 127
>>  Package: _/bash
>>    bash.sh exit code 254
>>  Package: _/base-files
>>    base-files-mketc.sh exit code 254
>>    base-files-profile.sh exit code 254
>>  Package: _/ca-certificates
>>    ca-certificates.sh exit code 254
>>  Package: _/lynx
>>    lynx.sh exit code 254
>>  Package: _/man-db
>>    man-db.sh exit code 254
>>  What were happened?
>>  As expecteded from the errors above installed Cywin were buggy
>>  and colud not be usable
>
> Take a look at var/log/setup.log.full and see if it gives any clues as to why
> the postinstall scripts are failing.  You could also try running them manually.

Thanks!
I will try when I will be back to my home.

@ 2016-04-11  6:37     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-04-11  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[Please don't reply to some totally unrelated message when you're starting a
new thread.]

Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> I have tried to install Cygwin x86 in my netbook (win 10 32bit).
> Only default packages were installed.

Please check /var/log/setup.log.full for what those errors were
specifically.  What is the user you are running setup under?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Mintty font problem
@ 2016-04-11 20:25   ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2016-04-11 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 10.04.2016 um 21:35 schrieb john refling:
> Paul Ausbeck <paula <at> soe.ucsc.edu> writes:
>
>> "There are no fonts installed.
>>    Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."
>> ... on XP?
> I'm having the same problem with a new XP install and cygwin, where it
> worked before.  Tried v 2.3.3, v2.3.5, and older archived v2.2.4 which
> certainly worked fine on previous XP machine.  Nothing works now, so not
> sure if it is mintty or XP setup.  Exact same XP install disk as previous.
> Different hardware.
>
> One MS forum suggested to make sure that at least 1 printer was installed to
> make fonts visible in some applications.
>
> Another suggested checking permissions on the font directory.
>
> A cygwin forum suggested that there might be no monospace fonts installed
> and that mintty needs monospaced fonts only (make sense).
>
> I've tried all the above, and no luck.
>
> Something else suggested using tweakui to rebuild certain system folders.
>
> I'll try that next.
Don't try so much. As I had responded before, this has been fixed in the
repository.
Thomas

* Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-11 20:42       ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-11 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz, cygwin

> From: Achim Gratz
> To: cygwin
> Date: 2016/4/11, Mon 15:37
> Subject: Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install

> [Please don't reply to some totally unrelated message when you're
> starting a
> new thread.]

> [Please don't reply to some totally unrelated message when you're
> starting a
> new thread.]
Sorry I will take care for that.
> Please check /var/log/setup.log.full for what those errors were
> specifically.  What is the user you are running setup under?

Today number of errors is reduced.
Package: 0/Perpetual
 0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code 2
 0p_update-info-dir.dash exit code 2
Package: _/Unknown package
 000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 254
 base-files-mketc.sh exit code 1
 base-files-profile.sh exit code 254
 bash.sh exit code 254
 ca-certificates.sh exit code 254
 coreutils.sh exit code 254
 lynx.sh exit code 254
 man-db.sh exit code 127
***************************************
/var/log/setup.log.full
is uploaded below (zipped)
http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant2/setup.log.full.20160412.zip
Typical message;

3are unable to find another cygwin DLL.installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if youreside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you haveand delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facilityThis problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.      6 [main] bash (7088) c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xC0F400/0xBDF400.
However, I have only one x\cygwin\bin and x is C.
Tatsuro

@ 2016-04-11 20:51         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-04-11 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
> 6 [main] bash (7088) c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error
> - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xC0F400/0xBDF400.
> However, I have only one x\cygwin\bin and x is C.

Well, since that cygheap base address is changing, I guess this comes
down to BLODA.  What malware scanner are you using?  Can you exempt the
Cygwin installation from its actions?

But please try to install Cygwin into some other directory
that is not directly in the root of your drive (something like
C:\Freeware\Cygwin).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-11 20:56         ` Ken Brown
                             ` (3 more replies)
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-04-11 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/11/2016 4:42 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> 3are unable to find another cygwin DLL.installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if youreside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you haveand delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facilityThis problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.      6 [main] bash (7088) c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xC0F400/0xBDF400.
> However, I have only one x\cygwin\bin and x is C.

cygcheck output as requested at http://cygwin.com/problems.html might
help diagnose the problem:

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file *as an
attachment* in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed."

Ken

* Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detted. (WxWidgets)
@ 2016-04-12  1:41           ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
                             ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-12  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello
I have met the following waring gnuplot with wxt terminal
Terminal type set to 'wxt'
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
10:33:39: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detted.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatie with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,coatible with 2.8).
I do not have enough knowldge of difference between C++ ABI 1009 and C++ ABI 1002.
Any suggestions?
# For the program execution, I do not have troubles from the warining.
Tatsuro

* Re: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detted. (WxWidgets)
@ 2016-04-12  3:01           ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-12  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>To: cygwin
> Date: 2016/4/12, Tue 10:41
> Subject: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detted. (WxWidgets)
>
> Hello
> I have met the following waring gnuplot with wxt terminal
> Terminal type set to 'wxt'
> gnuplot> plot sin(x)
> 10:33:39: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> detted.
> The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatie
> with 2.8),
> and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
> containers,coatible with 2.8).
> I do not have enough knowldge of difference between C++ ABI 1009 and C++ ABI
> 1002.
> Any suggestions?
> # For the program execution, I do not have troubles from the warining.
> Tatsuro

I have forgetton to execute setup_x86-64 before gnuplot buliding.
Setup seems to upgrade the cygwin and gcc-5.3.0 (to 5.3.0-3).
After setup, the warning was disappeared.
Tatsuro

* multiple definition of `atan2l' on the current Cygwin
@ 2016-04-12  3:07           ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-12  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have updated Cygwin_x86 and Cygwin_x86-64 today.
In building the gnuplot I have met the error of "multiple definition of `atan2l'".
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.3.0/libstdc++.dll.a(d005836.o):(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `atan2l'
/usr/lib/../lib/libm.a(t-d000195.o):fake:(.text+0x0): first defined here
Makefile:777: recipe for target 'gnuplot.exe' failed
This did not occur yesterday.
Perhaps the latest change gcc-5.3.0 give this results.
At the moment a workaroud is :
LDFLAGS='-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition' \
at configure.
Tatsuro

* Re: multiple definition of `atan2l' on the current Cygwin
                             ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-04-12  8:15           ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-12  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Please inore this post.
I have made a mistake to post under the different thread.

@ 2016-04-12  8:43             ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-04-12  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/04/2016 03:41, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> Hello
> I have met the following waring gnuplot with wxt terminal
> Terminal type set to 'wxt'
> gnuplot> plot sin(x)
> 10:33:39: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detted.
> The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatie with 2.8),
> and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,coatible with 2.8).
> I do not have enough knowldge of difference between C++ ABI 1009 and C++ ABI 1002.
> Any suggestions?
> # For the program execution, I do not have troubles from the warining.
> Tatsuro

Tatsuro,
can you please stop to reply to different unrelated threads
instead of starting a new one ?

It mess up the archives
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-04/threads.html

and mail reading.

Regards
Marco

* Re: multiple definition of `atan2l' on the current Cygwin
@ 2016-04-12 17:03             ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2016-04-12 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 11, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> In building the gnuplot

Why aren’t you using the gnuplot package in the Cygwin package repository?

> I have met the error of "multiple definition of `atan2l’".

This is doubtless because that function was just added to Cygwin in 2.5.0.

Perhaps gnuplot is providing its own copy due to a naive platform test?  Have you tried a clean reconfigure and rebuild?

* Re: Postinstall script errors on cygwin x86 install
@ 2016-04-16 15:51     ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-16 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sorry for I have posted to the unrelated thread.
Here the links to the previous post and replies.
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126120
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126121
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126124
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126127
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126152
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126154
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mintty-font-problem-td125968.html#a126155
My problem is solved but I do not do detailed action.
Only things are done.
 1. Windows Update
 2. Reinstall Cygwin
Perhaps 1 or 2 and both is or are related to the solving issue.
Anyway, thanks for replies.

@ 2016-04-16 15:58       ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2016-04-16 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sorry I have again misoperate the post.

Anyway my problem is solved and I will not post for this topic any longer.

Tatsuro