* Changes to pkg-config: has this been announced?
@ 2019-03-08 15:51 Soegtrop, Michael
From: Soegtrop, Michael @ 2019-03-08 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear Cygwin team,

there have been recently some substantial changes to pkg-config, notably the package mingw64-i686-pkg-config seems to have been replaced by pkg-config-1.6.0-1 (the mingw variant is now just a shell script).

I wonder where this has been announced and where I can find the release documentation for the related packages. It would be great if the release notes would be accessible via the package page, e.g.

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fmingw64-i686-pkg-config%2Fmingw64-i686-pkg-config-1.6.0-1&grep=pkg-config

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, , Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich

* Re: Changes to pkg-config: has this been announced?
@ 2019-03-08 16:50 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2019-03-08 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soegtrop, Michael, cygwin

Greetings, Soegtrop, Michael!

> Dear Cygwin team,

> there have been recently some substantial changes to pkg-config, notably
> the package mingw64-i686-pkg-config seems to have been replaced by
> pkg-config-1.6.0-1 (the mingw variant is now just a shell script).

> I wonder where this has been announced and where I can find the release
> documentation for the related packages. It would be great if the release
> notes would be accessible via the package page, e.g.

> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fmingw64-i686-pkg-config%2Fmingw64-i686-pkg-config-1.6.0-1&grep=pkg-config

> Best regards,

Last pkg-config announce I see is
mid:announce.201608170541.u7H5fr3G029047@int-mx14.intmail.prod.int.phx2.redhat.com