* Please update fontspec
@ 2017-05-03 23:30 Леон Майер
From: Леон Майер @ 2017-05-03 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear texlive maintainers, might I ask you to update fontspec to v2.6 or newer. Reason: a nasty bug, see https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/367559/emph-in-theorem-with-unicode-math-and-amsthm
Thanks in advance!
Leon

* Re: Please update fontspec
@ 2017-05-04 13:05 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-05-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/3/2017 7:30 PM, Леон Майер wrote:
> Dear texlive maintainers, might I ask you to update fontspec to v2.6 or newer. Reason: a nasty bug, see https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/367559/emph-in-theorem-with-unicode-math-and-amsthm

fontspec is part of the Cygwin texlive-collection-latexrecommended package.
Just rebuilding that package with an updated fontspec partially solves the
problem, in the sense that your test case compiles under xelatex and lualatex
and displays properly.  But the compilation yields the following warning:

* fontspec warning: "tu-missing"
*
* The TU encoding seems to be missing; please update to the latest version of
* LaTeX2e.

In order to fix this properly without breaking other parts of TeX Live, I think
I should update all the texlive-collection-* packages to their latest upstream
releases in the now frozen TeX Live 2016.

I will do this, but it will take me a few days.  In the meantime, I could make
the partial fix available to you if it would be of use.

Ken Brown
Cygwin's TeX Live maintainer

* Re: please update fontspec
       [not found] <1493929898.106197.ezmlm@cygwin.com>
@ 2017-05-04 23:50 ` Leon Meier
From: Leon Meier @ 2017-05-04 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear Ken:

> fontspec is part of the Cygwin texlive-collection-latexrecommended
> package. Just rebuilding that package with an updated fontspec partially
> solves the problem, in the sense that your test case compiles under
> xelatex and lualatex and displays properly.  But the compilation yields
> the following warning:
>
> * fontspec warning: "tu-missing"
> *
> * The TU encoding seems to be missing; please update to the latest
> version of
> * LaTeX2e.
Sorry, I have no idea about where it comes from or what it means. :-(

> In order to fix this properly without breaking other parts of TeX Live,
> I think I should update all the texlive-collection-* packages to their
> latest upstream releases in the now frozen TeX Live 2016.
>
> I will do this, but it will take me a few days.

I will wait for a consistent state for a few days; no urgency at all.

Thanks in advance,
Leon