* mintty-colors: changing colors in mintty on the fly
@ 2016-05-29 13:00 Joakim Karlsson
From: Joakim Karlsson @ 2016-05-29 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

As a weekend project, I put together mintty-colors [1], which is a
python package for changing color schemes in mintty on the fly.

I don't know if there already is such a function packaged in cygwin,
this was really just recreational. But if someone else finds it useful
- great!

/Joakim

[1] https://github.com/joakimkarlsson/mintty-colors

* Re: mintty-colors: changing colors in mintty on the fly
@ 2016-05-29 13:01 ` jcwilson.cygwin
From: jcwilson.cygwin @ 2016-05-29 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This is pretty neat! It works as advertised in the standard Cygwin shell.

Any pointers on getting it working in ConsoleZ?

I can see this being very useful for denoting the purpose of a given shell. I tend to
have any number of shells open at once and this would certainly help when task-
switching.

* Re: mintty-colors: changing colors in mintty on the fly
@ 2016-05-29 13:42 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2016-05-29 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 29.05.2016 um 08:41 schrieb Joakim Karlsson:
> As a weekend project, I put together mintty-colors [1], which is a
> python package for changing color schemes in mintty on the fly.
>
> I don't know if there already is such a function packaged in cygwin,
> this was really just recreational. But if someone else finds it useful
> - great!
This is certainly useful, although with colour themes in the form of
escape sequences (some minttyrc colour schemes are also distributed in
this form), a simple `cat` would also do the trick. A simple shell
script could do the listing or transform formats on-the-fly.
Anyway, mintty now has its own feature to load a colour scheme (option
ThemeFile, also in the Options menu, but not from the command line)
where colour schemes are kept in a dedicated subdirectory. It would be
good to integrate your script with this, so it's not necessary to
duplicate the schemes in two repositories.
Kind regards,
Thomas