* postgresql - Cannot initialize new Postgres database on Cygwin - Super User
@ 2017-01-11 22:02 Chloe
From: Chloe @ 2017-01-11 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I try to initialize a new database, I get an error:

    $ /usr/sbin/pg_ctl init
    no data was returned by command ""/usr/sbin/initdb.exe" -V"
    The program "initdb" is needed by pg_ctl but was not found in the
    same directory as "/usr/sbin/pg_ctl".
    Check your installation.

    $ /usr/sbin/initdb.exe -V
    initdb (PostgreSQL) 9.6.1

    $ "/usr/sbin/initdb.exe" -V
    initdb (PostgreSQL) 9.6.1

    $ /usr/sbin/initdb.exe -D /usr/share/postgresql
    no data was returned by command ""/usr/sbin/postgres.exe" -V"
    The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
    same directory as "/usr/sbin/initdb".
    Check your installation.

    $ /usr/sbin/postgres -V
    postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.6.1