* Bash declare built-in regression loses array quotations
@ 2017-01-13 20:00 Matt D.
From: Matt D. @ 2017-01-13 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I updated yesterday to the latest Cygwin x86 release which included an
updated Bash 4.4.5(1). This release changes the default behavior of the
built-in 'declare' command which is causing scripts which relied on this
functionality to break.

The following test will illustrate the change:
declare -A list
list[a]=1
list[b]=2
list[c]=3
declare -p | grep list=

On Bash 4.4.5(1) the output is:
declare -A list=([a]="1" [b]="2" [c]="3" )

Previously the result was:
declare -A list='([a]="1" [b]="2" [c]="3" )'

I can confirm that this has always been the expected output when running
this command on Cygwin and Linux. I run CentOS which does not track the
latest Bash release and I don't know the procedure to check whether this
is an upstream regression or not.

I have rolled back to Bash 4.3.48-8 which has restored the previous
functionality.

Please advise.

Matt D.