* How to turn off delivery of all postings but still allow to post to this MailingList?
@ 2017-09-10 12:42 Ben Stover via cygwin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ben Stover via cygwin @ 2017-09-10 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin MailList

After subscribing to this mailing list I get all postings here as individual emails.

I prefer to read answers (and other postings) on a web page like

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-09/

So I need not individual emails delivery.

How can I turn it off but keep the permission to post?

Alternatively a solution to receive answer emails to only my personal questions would be fine as well.

Thank you
Ben

.

* Re: How to turn off delivery of all postings but still allow to post to
@ 2017-09-10 13:24 ` Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2017-09-10 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

this MailingList?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 14:42:33, "Ben Stover via cygwin" wrote:
> After subscribing to this mailing list I get all postings here as individual
> emails.
>
> I prefer to read answers (and other postings) on a web page like
>
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-09/
>
> So I need not individual emails delivery.
>
> How can I turn it off but keep the permission to post?

You could try Tryst:

http://github.com/svnpenn/tryst

Right now it only works with Gmail, but it could be easily modified to support
other email clients - it is just an Awk script.

@ 2017-09-10 16:16 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-09-10 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/09/2017 13:42, Ben Stover via cygwin wrote:
> After subscribing to this mailing list I get all postings here as individual emails.
>
> I prefer to read answers (and other postings) on a web page like
>
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-09/
>
> So I need not individual emails delivery.
>
> How can I turn it off but keep the permission to post?

> Alternatively a solution to receive answer emails to only my personal questions would be fine as well.

I believe your can send an email to 'cygwin-allow-subscribe at
sourceware.org'.

See [1] for more details.  I guess this could be mentioned in [2],
rather than having to read the qmail manual to discover...

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-11/msg01364.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/lists.html#faqs

@ 2017-09-10 16:39 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-09-10 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-09-10 06:42, Ben Stover via cygwin wrote:
> After subscribing to this mailing list I get all postings here as individual
emails.
> I prefer to read answers (and other postings) on a web page like
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-09/
> So I need not individual emails delivery.
> How can I turn it off but keep the permission to post?
> Is there a way to post to this MailingList by NOT sending an email to
cygwin@cygwin.com?
> Alternatively a solution to receive answer emails to only my personal
questions would be fine as well.

Unsubscribe and confirm if requested, wait a bit, then send a blank email to:
<list>-allow-subscribe-<local-address=domain-address>@cygwin.com
where list is cygwin or one of the other list addresses, and "=" replaces "@" in
your email address.
Quite a few folks used this approach to read and post on Gmane before it dropped
its web interface.