* Error
@ 2018-05-05 18:10 Maxime M
From: Maxime M @ 2018-05-05 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This is very strange, I downloaded johntheripper from the official website
and I get this error:
1 [main] john 10244 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

Cygwin was not installed on my pc.

* Re: find_fast_cwd WARNING
@ 2018-05-05 18:23 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-05-05 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Maxime M

On 2018-05-05 12:10, Maxime M wrote:
> This is very strange, I downloaded johntheripper from the official website
> and I get this error:
> 1 [main] john 10244 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> Cygwin was not installed on my pc.

JohnTheRipper includes an old Cygwin version as part of its install, that has
not been updated to support your current Windows version. We have had a number
of these reports this last week.

This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:

	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

and please report the issue to whoever distributes the software that installed
the old Cygwin version.

* Re: Find_fast_cwd : warning
@ 2020-06-18 19:57     ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-06-18 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Srikantaiah, Jagadesh

Your Cygwin version does not support your Windows version:
you must upgrade Cygwin and all packages using Cygwin setup;
see:
	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
and choose:
	https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
or:
	https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe

On 2020-06-18 08:23, Srikantaiah, Jagadesh via Cygwin wrote:
> I still finding the same warnings , could you let me what's other possibility to resolve this issue

>> I am facing below warning many times when I am using
>> cygwin\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\4.8.3 ..please do me know what is the
>> solution for this issue

>> 1 [main] sh 18352 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
>> pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
>> cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>

> https://cygwin.com%/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

* Re: Find_fast_cwd : warning
@ 2020-06-16  5:01 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2020-06-16  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagadesh.Srikantaiah; +Cc: cygwin

>Hello team,

>I am facing below warning many times when I am using cygwin\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\4.8.3 ..please do me know what is the solution for this issue

>1 [main] sh 18352 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
>the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>

>Regards
>Jagadesh.A.S

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings