* Tcl interactive history
@ 2019-06-08 18:49 Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2019-06-08 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

With Cygwin "tclsh", if you press the up arrow, instead of returning previous
entry from the history, it just moves the cursor up. From that point the REPL is
broken, and must be closed with Ctrl+C or similar. This is in contrast, from
what I can tell, every other Tcl implementation:

- https://activestate.com/products/activetcl
- https://bitbucket.org/tombert/tcltk
- https://github.com/msteveb/jimtcl
- https://irontcl.com
- https://magicsplat.com/tcl-installer

I know that JimTcl is using LineNoise:

https://github.com/antirez/linenoise

I am not sure if the others are using ReadLine or what. Can this be corrected
for the Cygwin version? As for me anyway it makes it unusable.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-08 18:49 UTC | newest]