* Problems with ssh when I log into my PC using my corporate domain while working from home
@ 2020-04-21 15:33 Mark Hansen
From: Mark Hansen @ 2020-04-21 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have a Windows 10 laptop, on which I installed Cygwin. I always log into the machine using
my corporate domain account. When I log into the machine from my office, everything Cygwin
works fine.

When I log into my laptop from home (which I'm working from home for a while now, due to
COVID-19), I still log in using my corporate domain account, but Cygwin acts differently.

Here is my user id (from the id command) when I log in from the office:

uid=1293438(Mark.Hansen) gid=1049089(Domain Users) ...

Here is the same when I've logged in with the machine at home:

uid=1293438(MAN+User(244862)) gid=1293438

(MAN) is the domain.

The actual problem I'm having is that Cygwin tools like ssh, git, etc. can't find my .ssh
directory. They are looking in "/" rather than my home directory.

I tried copying my .ssh directory from my home to "/" and although it was created, the
files have the wrong permissions and I'm unable to change them.

Is there something I can tweak to get Cygwin to understand which user I am so the ssh
stuff can start working again?

Thanks for any help.