* [ANNOUNCEMENT] sshfs 3.7.2-1
@ 2022-04-03  6:48 Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2022-04-03  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Mark Geisert

The following package has been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* sshfs-3.7.2-1

This is a port of the reference version of sshfs.  It allows access to
local or remote file folders via an ssh (more precisely, sftp) connection.
The folder appears as a local folder on the user's system.

Sshfs requires cygfuse and a Windows FUSE provider to function.

Please send questions or concerns to the main Cygwin mailing list as usual.
Enjoy,

..mark

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] sshfs 3.7.2-1
@ 2022-04-03  7:48 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2022-04-03  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 03.04.2022 um 08:48 schrieb Mark Geisert:
> The following package has been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * sshfs-3.7.2-1
>
> This is a port of the reference version of sshfs.  It allows access to
> local or remote file folders via an ssh (more precisely, sftp) connection.
> The folder appears as a local folder on the user's system.
>
> Sshfs requires cygfuse and a Windows FUSE provider to function.
>
> Please send questions or concerns to the main Cygwin mailing list as usual.
Thanks for building this package.
> cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found
I suggest to add a hint to WinFSP installation to this message.
Then:
> /mnt> mkdir servmount
> /mnt> sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
> Cannot create WinFsp-FUSE file system: mount point in use.
>                                                           /mnt>
it fails to mount.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] sshfs 3.7.2-1
@ 2022-04-03 23:20   ` Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2022-04-03 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 03.04.2022 um 08:48 schrieb Mark Geisert:
>> The following package has been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>
>> * sshfs-3.7.2-1
>>
>> This is a port of the reference version of sshfs.  It allows access to
>> local or remote file folders via an ssh (more precisely, sftp) connection.
>> The folder appears as a local folder on the user's system.
>>
>> Sshfs requires cygfuse and a Windows FUSE provider to function.
>>
>> Please send questions or concerns to the main Cygwin mailing list as usual.
> Thanks for building this package.

You're welcome.  Thank YOU for your patience.

>> cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found
> I suggest to add a hint to WinFSP installation to this message.

I had thought the hint on the cygfuse announcement was enough :-)  But no trouble
to add it on any FUSE apps that are ported.  Thanks.

> Then:
>> /mnt> mkdir servmount
>> /mnt> sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
>> Cannot create WinFsp-FUSE file system: mount point in use.
>>                                                           /mnt>
> it fails to mount.

A couple of things.  Windows differs from Unix/Linux (yet again!) in that
directories mounted upon cannot exist beforehand.  So if you rmdir servmount,
	sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
ought to succeed, but instead you will get "read: Software caused connection
abort", so supply a username@hostname and it should work.  The abort is some sort
of problem with sshfs which I'll investigate.  On my machine,
	sshfs mark@m0: /mnt/servmount
works fine.

..mark

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] sshfs 3.7.2-1
@ 2022-04-04  5:03     ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2022-04-04  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 04.04.2022 um 01:20 schrieb Mark Geisert:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Am 03.04.2022 um 08:48 schrieb Mark Geisert:
>>> The following package has been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>> * sshfs-3.7.2-1
>>>
>>> This is a port of the reference version of sshfs.  It allows access to
>>> local or remote file folders via an ssh (more precisely, sftp)
>>> connection.
>>> The folder appears as a local folder on the user's system.
>>>
>>> Sshfs requires cygfuse and a Windows FUSE provider to function.
>>>
>>> Please send questions or concerns to the main Cygwin mailing list as
>>> usual.
>> Thanks for building this package.
>
> You're welcome.  Thank YOU for your patience.
>
>>> cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found
>> I suggest to add a hint to WinFSP installation to this message.
>
> I had thought the hint on the cygfuse announcement was enough :-) But
> no trouble to add it on any FUSE apps that are ported. Thanks.
>
>> Then:
>>> /mnt> mkdir servmount
>>> /mnt> sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
>>> Cannot create WinFsp-FUSE file system: mount point in use.
>>> /mnt>
>> it fails to mount.
>
> A couple of things.  Windows differs from Unix/Linux (yet again!) in
> that directories mounted upon cannot exist beforehand.  So if you
> rmdir servmount,
>     sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
> ought to succeed, but instead you will get "read: Software caused
> connection abort", so supply a username@hostname and it should work.
> The abort is some sort of problem with sshfs which I'll investigate.
> On my machine,
>     sshfs mark@m0: /mnt/servmount
> works fine.
Yes, that works. Thank you, great feature. Maybe another interactive
hint in this case would help.
Thomas

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] sshfs 3.7.2-1
@ 2022-04-04  5:42       ` Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2022-04-04  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 04.04.2022 um 01:20 schrieb Mark Geisert:
[...]
>> A couple of things.  Windows differs from Unix/Linux (yet again!) in that
>> directories mounted upon cannot exist beforehand.  So if you rmdir servmount,
>>     sshfs 192.168.178.75: servmount
>> ought to succeed, but instead you will get "read: Software caused connection
>> abort", so supply a username@hostname and it should work. The abort is some sort
>> of problem with sshfs which I'll investigate. On my machine,
>>     sshfs mark@m0: /mnt/servmount
>> works fine.
> Yes, that works. Thank you, great feature. Maybe another interactive hint in this
> case would help.

man sshfs?  sshfs --help?  Both are present already :-)

(Though the latter has badly formatted WinFSP info.. that's an issue for upstream.)

..mark